FLM Virgin

181 to 200 of 36,241 messages
ImRio    pirate
18/01/2006 at 10:37
That sounds like a good idea Chris. one thing - the water and lucozade stations get very busy. try to go to the last person handing out the water/whatever. keep your eyes everywhere and prepare to move out of the way of the runners behind you by getting to the centre of the road asap (especially if you intend to walk through)
The lucozade stops get very sticky too.

Have you all sorted out hotels?
18/01/2006 at 10:37
im now thinking about the brighton. whats the entry fee??
18/01/2006 at 10:39
blue and green are quicker starts than red ie they feed into main part of route before red i think - there is a plan on FLM web site. i will csatch up with you guys later as i have loads of work to do and i'm not in the office tomorrow. see ya! ps do you younguns work or are you at college/uni?
18/01/2006 at 10:40
i dont have a hotel yet. dont know where to go? have you got any ideas linda? im currently training with lucozade to get used to it.
18/01/2006 at 10:41
im at work. lol at VODAFONE im a team manager, klol
18/01/2006 at 10:45
Need to sort the hotel today....
i use walk breaks every mile when im training anyway, and ive heard that the FLM water stations are bottle necks anyway so a lot of people walk.

vodafone annoy me.....not you lazer....but the company - have in the past really rubbed me up t'wrong way!
ImRio    pirate
18/01/2006 at 10:46
Young? not me!!

Where you stay is often personal preference. I like to stay near the finish (especially if staying for the Sunday night too) as not far to stagger afterwards. but some like to stay near the start so that they dont have to get up so early to get there. That said there are plenty of tubes and you cant get lost among thousands of others heading in the same direction
18/01/2006 at 10:49
i'm a solicitor - own business with sister and dad.

what kind of lucozade do they have at the stations as there seem to be so many types in the shops/gym. do they also have gels/bars? i've never tried any of those...are they any good? i've got hotel in canary wharf...all the ones in blackheath were fully booked.
18/01/2006 at 10:51
I work in the corporate section george, so dont deal with the public. where you looking at staying mate? ill have to have a look . i really got to book somewhere but done know where!
18/01/2006 at 10:52
entry fee for Brighton £16.25 all in - i booked on line last night. it's a great route mostly along sea front. in laws are in brighton so will stay there. only about 2000 entrants but looked on last years times and i will be in last 10!!!
18/01/2006 at 10:52
they have the Origional Orange Lucozade sport. ( i think) and they have the Gels too. so might be a good idea to incorporate them in your training so that your boday is used to them and doesnt reject them on the race day making you ill.
ImRio    pirate
18/01/2006 at 10:53
Lucozade sport in the pouches is used. But there are no energy bars or anything else. If you think you might get hungry (and I know I did) get someone to have something at a designated point for you.

Find one that you like the taste of - some of the gels are very sweet and hard to get down. Or you could use jelly babies, starburst sweets - anything high in carbohydrate! Just make sure you start trying your options now (I had disastrous consequences with jelly babies but luckily it was in traing)
18/01/2006 at 10:56
are the lucozade stations at every water station or less frequent? anyone recommend gels or anything else to take - never tried them yet. just used water so far.
18/01/2006 at 10:59
Im using Lucozade and water. just going to start the gels as im going to have a water pouch with me during the marathon so can store gels in there. probarbly have a camelback. i seen a few with them last year.
18/01/2006 at 11:04
i was thinking of having a bumbag with tissues and sweets/food in and poss my mobile. will try the jelly babies out - how/why can they make you ill? is it just a case of getting used to them?
18/01/2006 at 11:08
Its because their solid jeyyy like stuff covered in flour i think. could be updsetting you stomach as its used to the intake of liquids during exercise not solid matter.
18/01/2006 at 11:12
is that true of any thing you eat? also read you should not have anything sweet after you finish as likely to throw it straight back up but they give you a mars bar in goodie bag?!
18/01/2006 at 11:17
its personal choice really, some things work for some and dont for others, Personally i can eat anything after training, mostly eat pasta followed by chocolate or ice cream though . Yum Yum. lol.
18/01/2006 at 11:20
REALLY goin to do some work now!!
18/01/2006 at 11:21
lol. yeah me to. i finish at 1:15 today so better go. talk to you all tomorrow.
181 to 200 of 36,241 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.