FLM Virgin

36,141 to 36,160 of 36,220 messages
08/10/2012 at 20:35

Hi guys long time since i was on here, nice to see the same peeps are still posting here. Just been catching up with your postings. Sorry to hear Daz that your foot is giving you trouble, hope its somewhat better since you last came on here, goodluck for sunday, Im running the Cardiff as well, although to be honest im not keen, im a tad exhausted really, ive been pretty busy with 'challenges' this year lol. Being as its 2012 and the Olympic year, i thought i would set myself the task of 12 challenges in 12 months in 2012. Cardiff will be number 10, phew !!!! so looking forward to Dec and then i can rest !!!!   

10/10/2012 at 20:49

Still in awe of the afternoon tea with the PM Gatton, you lucky sod. 

Hey Clarki, good to hear from you.  Am impressed by the 12 in 12 in 12 lol, good for you.  Enjoy Cardiff Half, hope you have a good race.  Dec will be here soon enough, with all the chaos that that month traditionally brings lol.

Still undecided on Cardiff Half myself, but will probably do it.  Also, made it up Snowdon on Sunday, that was hard work too.  No way was I going to take the easy option of the train!

10/10/2012 at 21:43

Well done you Daz, i climbed Snowdon in May, had fantastic weather this year, and really enjoyed the climb. Just come back from the Brecons this weekend, did 6 peaks and a 22 mile hike, so needless to say the old legs are somewhat tender these last few days. I was going to defer Cardiff as my training has been a bit sketchy, but im going to do it, i will not look at my garmin though, i may cry  otherwise. Goodluck whatever you decide, will let you know how it goes for me...or not !!!!!

12/10/2012 at 14:28

Wow you have been busy, nice one.  Hope you have a good race, let us know how you do?

Decision made, I'm in.  Gonna take it easy tho, but do NOT want a PW.  Did 20 miles on bike yest & 10 today to keep ticking over, no impact stuff.  Just light weights tomorrow, then good to go!

12/10/2012 at 14:34

Hey both of you.... have a great time in Cardiff. Hope all goes well for you.

Will be waiting for the update afterwards. Me I am ticking over on my bike. Off to Vienna next weekend to spend some quality time with my son Adam and his lovely wife.

13/10/2012 at 18:08

Thanks Gatton and Daz, really dreading it now. Training has been terrible and we all know its not about the race, but the training thats been put in. Ive been busy as ive said with hikes and mountains lol,  but not a great amount of running. Oh well by this time tomorrow it will be over, and i can chill for a few weeks. Take it easy Daz, and if you see a very unfit woman sat on the kerb along the way, give her a shove  it probably be me !!!!!

13/10/2012 at 20:28

If I see you and you're already sat down, that implies that I'm behind you. Ouch!  I will give you a shove and a kick lol. 

Have a good race - weather forecast currently showing favourable conditions.

14/10/2012 at 15:24

Wow what a great race Daz, was very impressed with the new course, fast and flat, well apart from a few little inclines. Love running down into the Bay, its just so beautiful, like last year i just wanted to stop and stare for a while. Although, it was a bit of a bugger to know that unlike last year, when we got to that section we had done 12 miles, this year it was just 5. I had a good race really, i planned and prayed i could hold a 9 min mile run, coming in at 1.56/ 1.57. But was running 8.30 so i was  up on my time by 4 mins half way around. Then inevitably i tired so lost most of that at the end, but finished in 1.55, so really am quite chuffed with that. Maybe all that walking did help !!! Hope you managed ok

14/10/2012 at 18:43

Wow Clarki - a fantastic result.  Well done, great result.

I exceeded my expectation slightly, and huffed and puffed to a 1:32:35, so not all bad.    Mrs Daz was volunteering on water station at about 6.5 miles, so I had to wait for her by waiting in pub, was there by 11:40 lol.  A few beers in town, drop car home and colelct youngest boy then a few more and a late lunch/early dinner down local.

Just back after a few more beers, and now seriously flagging.

BTW I concur that the route was much better than last year, everyone I spoke to agreed.

14/10/2012 at 21:11

That is a fantastic time Daz, see your still in the 'Superman' bracket lol, am in awe !!!well done you   Thats the best thing about the early start isnt it, that its all done and dusted before noon and you have the rest of the day to enjoy, we were home in Bath by 1.15 !!

Enjoying a glass of vino myself now, helps with the stiff legs so im told

Heres to the our next goals, whatever they maybe !!!!

15/10/2012 at 16:31

Great result for both of you. Daz come down to Longleat in Feb. Clarki will explin the course. Be good to see you both and have a chance of a chat for a change.

17/10/2012 at 21:51
I'll explain the course......it's the hilliest, most painful 10k I've ever done!! And it was freezing!!

Well done on the halves guys, and trig too.

My back is still causing me a lot of grief, decided last wk to stop running for a while, and then yesterday did god only knows what and crippled myself, my back is its worse ever. So other than the schools run, 2 miles each day, I'm not doing a great deal. Have been told I have flat feet and should see a podiatrist and get orthotics, but that's not something I know anything about.
18/10/2012 at 13:46

Will think about it Gatton, but Caro is not really selling it to me lol 

Hope you enjoyed the wine Clarki.

I'm not an expert Caro, but it sounds like old age to me lol 

Taken it easy so far this week, Boxercise on Mon and 10 quick miles on exercise bike only.  Trying to do nil-impact stuff cos of foot.  Off to the wilds of Brecon in a bit for another social piss-up lol.

18/10/2012 at 22:41

Wine hit the spot Daz thanks very much !!

I have to agree with Caroline on the Longleat, its a b**ch of a race, and to be honest if it wasnt for meeting the very lovely Gatton, i would not be doing it, but Daz being the fine athlete that you are, it would be a doddle to you mate

Did a small 3 miler on tues, and although legs felt a tad heavy, the run was ok. Going out tomorrow for another small run, but would like to go slightly longer 5/6 on sunday.

02/01/2013 at 09:17
Came on to say happy new year to everyone but looks like noone about! In case anyone is lurking though... Happy new year!

2nd baby VB has arrived (not as safe and sound as we had hoped/ planned for but she is doing ok, 7 weeks old now and hopefully we will get good news from the doctors soon) and after a blood transfusion I am also good and ready to go! May look out the thread Caro has mentioned about running mum's!

Hope everyone is well and injury free. Have lost track... Is anyone runnin London this year?
05/01/2013 at 21:49

Woohoo - huge congratulations to VB and the ever-growing family! Hope all is well soon. 

Happy New Year to everybody else too! 

I hape a VLM place, but unsure whether to use it!

06/01/2013 at 11:50

Happy New Yaer Everyone.... Sends hugs to VB and the new VB hope all goes well for you... I will be at Reading Half and London Expo if anyone wants to come and say HI. I have a vested interest in running the 2014 London so my training has satrted... slowly very slowly. I do have 15 months to get there. Raising money for the Heart Unit that saved my life. Too early for this year so god willing will be there in 014.

Good luck on any events your taking part in Daz.. It would be good to meet you again this year with a bit more time for a chat.

10/01/2013 at 20:33
Hey everyone, can't believe our thread still going! Most of you I catch up with now and again on Facebook.

Been out of action since August last year as spiral fracture in toe and stress fracture in 5th metatarsal and midfoot. Been in an air cast until a few days ago. To say I have been going out of my mind with not running is an understatement!!! Still a long way to go and only just re learning to walk. No marathon for me this year which I'm particularly gutted about as was so close to sub 4hr last April. So hoping to be fit enough for 2014 and as will be just after my 50th if I go sub 4 it will be a GFA. Gatton maybe we can start training together slowly?

So what is everyone up to and anyone doing London/Brighton this year or similar?

VB how is your baby now?

pinks xx
15/01/2013 at 10:22
Hi Pinks, good to hear from you! I hadn't realised you'd been out for so long! That must have been so frustrating for you. Fingers crossed for 2014 for you. Mr VB and I have both entered the ballot for the GNR this year-must be mad-but something to aim for and I can't possibly do worse than last time!

Amalie is ok thanks for asking-we're seeing the paediatrician on Thursday and should find out hopefully whether she's going to need an operation to repair the muscle separation and hernia in her stomach and whether thats why we cant seem to get her to put on much weight, and also whether they're going to need to do anything about her skull. Basically a lot resting on Thursday!

How is everyone doing? Gatton how does Mrs G feel about you starting training again?
15/01/2013 at 12:54

Shhhhh She doesn't know yet... Pinks... now that sounds like a great plan to me.

VB big hugs from Mrs G and me. we are both doing well thanks. I have started on the dreaded treddie and using my bike. I walk for my paper each morning. It is either 2/3 or 5 miles depending on time and weather. I am also training my grandson so he can get fit enough to joing the Royal Marines. Plenty of gym and swimming. getting me fit as well so all good.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.