FLM Virgin

36,161 to 36,180 of 36,220 messages
22/01/2013 at 17:22

Oh VB what is the matter with her skull??  I'm guessing you've already had the appointment with paeds - how did it go?

Ha ha ha Gatton I promise not to let on to Mrs G just yet!

23/01/2013 at 16:17

Knew I could rely on you Pinks... VB hope things get better for you.xxx

15/03/2013 at 15:05

Wow it has been quiet on here.  Hope all is well with you all, especially VB's growing family.

Remind me, who is actually doing VLM this year?

I'm still undecided, my training has been virtually non-existent.  Take a look here: http://www.fetcheveryone.com/training.php

My longest run since Cardiff Half was a 9 miler last week.  In an attempt to pull my finger out, I've ignored the 10% training increase rule.  I did a 10 on Weds, and now a 16 this morning.  It wasn't pretty and I'm stiff now, so will prob make a decision over the weekend.

Will anyone be at the Expo on the Sat?

What else is everyone up to?

16/03/2013 at 00:28
Thought I would just pop back on as I recognise this thread from 2006 when i did my first marthon.

Pinks do you remember me from back then? guess long time ago. Am so impressed to still see you posting on here. impressed with your running achievements too. Im Doing London again this year..soo excited!
17/03/2013 at 11:36

So how has the training been going then Fenn, are you ready to go for it?

Won't be a PB run for me this year, might go for a little jog around London though.

17/03/2013 at 13:22
No PB for me either. I have just done an 18miler today so think I will make it to the race line, I have a few niggles though...sitting on the sofa with an ice pack on my knee
18/03/2013 at 18:46

Well that's a bit further than my longest run.

I hope to squeeze in a 20 in the next week or two, then will see what I'm going to do.

Hope the ice pack did the trick.....................

20/03/2013 at 08:56

Daz... will be in my usual place at the Expo so if you make it came and say hello.good luck with your training but be sensible and remember there is always next year if you have  to defer.

22/03/2013 at 18:28

Hi Guys lost the thread for a while.  Glad to see some of you are still around.

When is the Expo?  I might pop up there on the Saturday especially if there's a Gatton hug to be had.

No marathon for me this year (again!).  Had a place in Brighton but I'm not going to get there as was beset with knee problems towards the end of last year and they're still not really resolved.  Had a strained medio collateral ligament and it's taking an absolute age to right itself.  Currently only doing parkrun every Saturday although have to start training soon for BUPA 10k on 28 May.

Take care everyone and post soon!

23/03/2013 at 15:16

Trigg and any others the VLM Expo is from Wednesday 17th April - Saturday 20th. Will be in registration area or manning one of the exit routes. hope to see you there...

30/03/2013 at 14:11

Hope the knees get better soon Trigg.

I've not been doing much.  After one ok'ish week 2 weeks ago, did only about 18 miles total last week, then had done bugger all this week.  Pulled my finger out and did 20.01 miles yesterday, I was buggered at the end, but only slightly over 8m/mile pace.

Attempted a 5-mile recovery this morning but after about a mile my right knee was in some pain, so abandoned the run and did 2 miles in about 18 mins.   Deep heat on knee know.

Just awaiting travel confirmation from another running club about joining them for their VLM trip, so will prob see you on the Saturday afternoont like last year Gatton.  I aim to participate, but will take it easy!

31/03/2013 at 15:12

Sorry to hear you're suffering Daz.  Haven't quite decided what day to visit the Expo yet.  It's the week we return to school after Easter hols and also Christopher's 20th birthday on the Thursday so will see.

10/04/2013 at 17:18

Maybe see you there Trigg if you make it.

I'm confirmed on the trip, so I'm doing it.  I'm gonna be at Expo on the Sat afternoon, so will seek you out Gatton.

I'm trying not to overdo it now, I've missed loads of training and can't make it up.  Did 12 on Mon, 5 yest, and just did a fast'ish 4 in just over 29 mins.  Taper is on!

Am DEFINITELY NOT racing VLM, but feel quite comfortable for a sub-4, maybe even sub-3:45.

Have a good one!

10/04/2013 at 18:05

Still very impressive Daz!  Will look out for you at Expo.  Have made decision to defer this year's Brighton Marathon place to next year - I'm not done with it yet.  Am still struggling with knee issues.  Went to see personal trainer today and she's suggested another session with the physio so am waiting for an appointment.  Damn hamstrings seem to be causing a few problems!

Hope everyone else is well 

10/04/2013 at 18:54

Daz /Trigg be good to see you on Saturday I will post on here on Wednesday night where I will be.. take care and travel safe

15/04/2013 at 07:17

Probably a wise decision about Brighton then Trigg, get the knees sorted by physio and hopefuly all will be well.

According to trip itinerary we should get to Expo at about 1400.  I think the plan is as per last year, we'll spend 2 hours there.

Have RW mailed my mobile no to you both, am sure we can catch up briefly.

Sad to see a fatality at Brighton Mara as well.

15/04/2013 at 11:57

Have received your message Daz and look forward to seeing you again.   It is a shame the lad was so young. I know only too well what it is like to have a heart attack and was lucky I had some great treatment and re hab...

15/04/2013 at 20:14

Got your message Daz - looking forward to meeting up with you both again.  Will be on my own and plan to travel up sometime late morning after the local parkrun.  Not quite sure what time I'll get there but will doubtless catch up with you xx

16/04/2013 at 08:51
Hi everyone, as per usual it's been a while since I checked in on the thread. Such sad news coming out of Boston at the moment... Hope you are all doing well. Will be watching on the tv on Sunday before I go off to work.
16/04/2013 at 09:16

Hi VB... Sad news as you saay but London has to go on as an act of difience to those who have done this. Yes it will be a bit of a nervous time for many but we will be there to cheer those along the route.

Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.