FLM Virgin

36,201 to 36,219 of 36,219 messages
29/04/2013 at 18:06

Hi all, im back again, i keep losing the thread name and cannot find you all, doh!!

Anyway, wow Daz superman still, what a cracking time, very well done to you. Well

Ive entered the London as well as Trig and VB, but ive also secured a place for the

Brighton, as some of you know, I am mad, im not sure my body will ever forgive me,

but i have new running partners and neither have done one, so i thought id help

them along. Has anyone done the Brighton and whats it like in comparison to 

London ?

29/04/2013 at 18:30

Wow Clarki - way to go lady!  Good to have you back.  I lost this thread (as well as the plot) for a while.  Nice to see us all returning to the fold!

30/04/2013 at 14:37

Clarki... Vikki on FB has done Brighton. It is hilly but ok if the wind doesn't blow along the seafront. I have put in the ballot ( London ) as well and hope it will be my swan song. Yes my very last marathon. Not to say I wil not be doing smaller distances. i hope to be helping out at Brighton as a marshal so maybe see you there.

30/04/2013 at 18:18

Cheers guys - had a week off running as a rest and then ran again on Sat and Sun, felt OK.  Dunno whether to do a proper race report as last year, it would be depressing reading.

Gatton - I'll give you all some virtual coaching next year if necessary, but not sure you'd want to follow my advice lol

Caro - I did remember where you stood and I saw you last year (just after Mile 17 marker I think) and I did look out for you to no avail.  However, imo there were many more people in that area this year.

I might apply for a GFA entry for VLM again this year. 

Welcome back Clarki, you'll have to do both of them lol

02/05/2013 at 09:08

Daz   I am never too old to take any advice......

07/05/2013 at 14:38

Hi guys, did the Bristol 10k yesterday and again surprised to see my times improving, although not a PB for me, i did 49 about 4 years ago, however i had got up to a 54 last year, but did a 52.36 in Feb and did a 51.17 yesterday, so very very pleased with myself. All this cross training, squats, kettle bells and step classes is paying off, ive not done as much mileage but getting better times Goal to do a sub 50 for 10k this year.

Happy running out there guys  

07/05/2013 at 16:07

Way to go Clarki. keep up the good work..

14/05/2013 at 17:13

We all could do with some advice Gatton!

Well done Clarki, doing great.  You'll soon have that sub-50 10K again, keep up the good work.

20/09/2013 at 14:33
Just thought I'd bounce this back to the top to see if any of you guys are anxiously awaiting your magazine - if you're still out there running and generally how you all are!

For my part I'm waiting (not necessarily anxiously) and am also waiting to sign up for the GNR again (I know you all think that's bonkers)!
26/09/2013 at 14:26
Trig I'm waiting. Will be honest, not really sure whether I want it to be a yes or a no! What about everyone else?
26/09/2013 at 15:50
Good to hear back VB. Going by the link posted in another thread I've been unsuccessful but as I'm at work I've no way of knowing if rejection mag has arrived yet! Ah well not sure my heart's really in it anyway
27/09/2013 at 10:45
Well my magazine hasn't arrived ???? I'm worried now it's gone to our old house although I did email them our change of address. I saw on Facebook you didn't get in Trig. How are you feeling about it? How about anyone else?
27/09/2013 at 10:50
VB I think I'm rather relieved. Struggling to get round 10k at the moment! Not sure about anyone else!
29/09/2013 at 09:53
I'd be more than struggling. Tbh I think it would have to be a deferral even if by some miracle I did get in!
11/04/2014 at 07:58
Thought I'd pop in and see if any among us are running on Sunday? I'd love to come and watch but not sure how practical it would be with 2 littlies...
11/04/2014 at 14:03
Hey VB! I've still kept this thread bookmarked but it's been very dormant! Not running on Sunday but am toying with the idea of going to watch for the first time ever! Went to Expo on Wednesday and met up with Gatton - hope all's well with you xx
11/04/2014 at 14:14
Hi Trig, if you can go and watch I would highly recommend it-the atmosphere is incredible!! I'm glad there are still people lurking on here. I'm good thanks, how about you? Xx
14/04/2014 at 20:51

Wow - been a while since I've been on here, prompted by watching a little race on TV yesterday.

Sad to hear you didn't get in, here's fingers crossed for you all next year 

Yesterday at 08:04
Wow Daz - where you been? Are you still running?

VB I did go and spent almost six hours on the embankment - a truly amazing spectacle. So sad to hear about the poor man who died

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
36,201 to 36,219 of 36,219 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.