FLM Virgin

101 to 120 of 36,241 messages
16/01/2006 at 12:36
aiming on getting round at the moment.
16/01/2006 at 12:36
about 45 minutes whih equates to about 10 KM. so i think thats 6 miles?? not sure. well im 2o ( 21 on race day ) an EX smoker as only gave up last week lol. abd been smoking from 5 years. so should be a challnge!
16/01/2006 at 12:43
well you're way too fast for me - think i'm twice your age and probably twice as slow!!lol!! my eldest is 20 this year - he is at uni and thinks i am bonkers for entering the marathon! i'll show him!! chris are you doing the novice programme? going for a sports massage now - my bod is complaining about all the work i am asking it to do so needs a treat!
16/01/2006 at 13:07
yeah...novice for me...would have done very novice if he had one!!! I hate running!
16/01/2006 at 13:08
be sure to drink lots of water and not to have a hot bath nor drink ANY alcohol afterwards, i didnt follow the advice and had a seizure last time. lol great fun wiggling on the floor doing the maggot. lol
16/01/2006 at 14:15
scarrry!!! how does that happen then?? Had my lower back and glutes massaged...very interesting experience but my back feels a whole load better! just feel like i could sleep for weeks though?!! Chris, i'm novice with you then!
16/01/2006 at 14:20
lol, its to do with the oils they use. i didnt take the advice and the alcohol reacted with the stuff they used in my blood and i have a wale of a time. lol. oh well. learnt my lesson. looks like were all in the same boat. funny how we might actually see each other, but then again i doubt it. lol.
16/01/2006 at 15:11
don't think i will see you as you will be half finished before i cross the start line! can't believe that is how u are going to spend your 21st b'day...awesome!!! perhaps you should go in fancy dress with a big b'day cake on your head??!!!lol!
16/01/2006 at 15:39
lol, i think there may be a miss understanding,, My 21st is on the 22nd march, i said in 20 atm but will be 21 on race day. lol. but then again i can see where the confusion starts!!
16/01/2006 at 15:48
ooops!! well you could pretednd for a laugh!! you'd certainly get plenty of attention! what is your running plan tonite?
16/01/2006 at 15:55
5-10 minute warm up on the cross trainier. 45 minute jog on the circuit. then weights to tone and strenghten. then core exercised to increase stability and flexability. what about you??
16/01/2006 at 16:04
i'm tired just readin what you will be doing tonite! mind you i have 2 kids to sort out before i can even think about running and that is a marathon in itself! may have today as rest day or otherwise half hour steady run. chris? anyone else?
16/01/2006 at 16:21
look s as if chris fell asleep ages ago! lol. bless. nah im really going for it. but not much hope for the day! lol.
16/01/2006 at 16:42
Yep, either he's snoring or decided to switch off when we mentioned Gloria Estefan!lol!!
what is the circuit you run on, is it indoors or outside? gotta ask...why 'Lazer'- is it a cryptic nickname and how did you get to put it on the forum thingy ie how come i just come up with my boring real name?
16/01/2006 at 19:29
sorry...busy with work at the time
rest day today...4 miles tomorrow, tho feeling a bit of a strain in my calf after yesterdays 8 miles

anyone doing the brighton half?
16/01/2006 at 20:37
i told people at work i was doing the flm for the first time and someone kindly remarked about people dying during the gnr!!!
im worried now -why did people die? does any one know?
sorry to put a downer on things i wont go on about it!!
17/01/2006 at 08:48
Chris, i'm definitely following the same plan as you know so we can compare notes etc. whenis Brighton half - my in laws live in Hove so i may well enter if its not too late. are you going to do it...what is the route?

Laurie, i had the same reservations after 4 died in GNR. not sure if they had heart conditions anyway...does anyone know? if in doubt get checked out by your gp.
17/01/2006 at 08:56
hey guys, im in on this one too. Will be 20 on the day which is going to be cool.

any reccomendations on training programmes?
17/01/2006 at 09:05
Hey george, are you actually 20 on 23/4 - i've already had this confusion with Lazer...see above!! Chris put me on to the hal higdon novice plan which is v straightforward and easy to follow. are you a new runner and what level are you at now?
17/01/2006 at 09:17
yeh actually 20 on the day :D

yeh im following hal higdons, but ive sort of come in at week 5! due to injury skiing at chrimbo wasnt able to run for a couple of weeks. Well down on my speed at the mo, but hoping i should be able to pick it back up.

Not lookin forward to saturday tho - 9 miles cold turkey! Level wise i couldnt say, nothing to compare to....before christmas i was on like 7.5 miles in an hour. Now im more like 6.
101 to 120 of 36,241 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.