Food for thought

'Night before' and 'Day after' menus!

10 messages
24/03/2003 at 20:48
We've had lots of discussion about what to eat/drink while in training or while actually running the marathon, but I'd like to be nosey and ask you all:

a] what will you eat the night before the race to 'carbo load'??? and

b] what will you reward yourself with food and drink-wise when all this FLM madness is over???
24/03/2003 at 20:53
a) Pasta and a tomato-based meat sauce, followed by pudding.

b) A return to eating normal quantities of food rather than the non-stop troughing that comes along with marathon training. And a can of cold beer.
24/03/2003 at 20:56
Think for the afters I'd go for more carbs to reload.

Beer is of course carbs!
25/03/2003 at 15:52
a) pasta but not loads and loads, and nothing too stodgy or anything that will upset my tum!

b) a kingsize snickers bar and a pint of cold beer. HMmmm, beer
25/03/2003 at 15:56
pasta with a low fat sauce, maybe tomato and then afterwards chocolates, chips and beer.
But then maybe just beer at it is the perfect food
25/03/2003 at 16:03
Before I will have 2 big plates of pasta lunchtime on the saturday, with a tomato sauce not a creamy sauce as you could be asking for stomach trouble

After I will have Steak Chips Beans, Chocaloate fudge cake, 6 pints of Stella, 20 Marlbro Lights and a packet of Bourbons with a hot chocalate.

25/03/2003 at 16:08
Pasta in tomato sauce on Saturday. Pop a bottle of bubbly in the fridge before going to London.

After - I fancy steak, jacket potato and salad washed down with bubbly and a fine wine!!!
25/03/2003 at 16:13
Pasta or rice the night before with a chunk of fresh bread.

Pizza and champers after - it's tradition in our house...

Although straight after I suppose a rather dry cheese and tomato sandwich!!
25/03/2003 at 16:26
Pasta, veg & tomato sauce night before with bread & water.

Straight after the race will be a protein bar & a couple of bagels followed by lashings and lashings of ale in the thistle with the other survivors & the forum supporters. Bugger the rehydration - that's for later!
25/03/2003 at 16:37
Lots of similarity on both the before and after menus!

For the record I'm going to go for 2 plates of Pasta and tomato sauce the night before and lots of water.

When it's over and I've grabbed my kit bag: sandwiches and a mars bar, more water.

Later that evening:
Steak, a big one. Chips, lots of em. Salad, just to look at. And beer for for refuelling.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
10 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.