Great Welsh Marathon

101 to 103 of 103 messages
20/04/2015 at 17:09
Hi guys, what a great day. I was aiming for sub 3:30 and came in at 3:29:03 so I over the moon with that for my first marathon.

Chris - I parked next to you, I remember seeing your top and fancying a pint!!!

Really liked the medal, great crowd support and I was surprised that when I applauded the winner when he passed me at about mile 20 when I was at 13 that he greeted me with a thumbs up. I sometimes find some of the faster athletes snobby but I thought that summed up the camaraderie on the day.

Apart from the great medal I didn't think much of the goody bag - some basics apple juice and crisps and a fake mars bar from aldi!

Great event though, really enjoyed it!!
Yesterday at 23:37

Malcs - no , this one was #98.  #99 will be this Sunday at Stratford-on-Avon.  I'm afraid my racing and training schedules are not text book.  I mainly do ultras (and very little training ...)

I'm impressed with all these fast debut times.  It's normally considered you're getting somewhere near your potential on your sixth marathon.  Up to this there are big improvements and afterwards you're just knocking minutes off.

Yesterday at 23:40

Btw are the results up anywhere?  Race website seems out of date.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 103 of 103 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.