Has your cheque cashed yet?

921 to 930 of 930 messages
07/12/2005 at 21:04
Yeah small fleece is massive isn't it? Nice and soft though!
I think extra places have gone too. :-(
My sister didn't get in either. We'd love to run it together, but it's hard to guarantee that isn't it?
07/12/2005 at 21:36
Well I'm really cheesed off.............I didn't bequeath my entry fee so assumed that as my cheque had been cashed I was in. Unfortunately, I received a really naff fleece this morning!!! Grrrr.
07/12/2005 at 22:13
oh well, form and cheque off to St John in morning, lucky I had got a place already sorted with them, just in case
08/12/2005 at 08:38
Fleece and FLM News received yesterday (great pic of Paula on page 27 !!!). Bequeathed and cheque cashed 2/11, so looks like the theory was correct. No energy drink powder included though, maybe this was just for successful applicants. Still I now have a Golden Bond place and a "thinner-than-expected-but-still-fits-OK" fleece
:o)
08/12/2005 at 12:22
Fleece arrived yesterday <8~( - Stratford Mara here I come!
08/12/2005 at 14:56
Winkle, that's bad that you didn't bequeath and they charged you for fleece!
Sorry, what a let down.
08/12/2005 at 15:46
Er, you couldn't have ticked that box by mistake could you?

If not, I guess someone pushed the wrong key on the computer (must be easy enough with the number of entries they've got to process). If you aren't happy have you tried phoning them? Maybe you could get your money back?
08/12/2005 at 16:49
Yeh...that's bad that you did not bequeath but got the fleece anyway. I did bequeath and got fleece today! Just like Simon Smith's post I will be sending my registration fee to St John's Ambulance too as have got a GB place sorted. I will be so excited and undeniably scared when I get my pack from them with a running number - then its gonna be a reality that I am gonna try and run 26 miles! This first timer is v excited and looking forward to the training!
08/12/2005 at 21:18
I'm pretty sure I didn't tick the box..........I pledge to some charities regularly and felt I had to draw the line somewhere.........BUT I suppose I could have made a mistake.

I can't say the thought of phoning to sort it out was appealing - 'For Customer Service press 1, if we sent you a fleece by accident press 453. You are now 183rd in the queue!'

Anyway, after initial inspection of fleece I was quite disappointed but it did keep me warm today. How big do they think a medium sized person is though..........this thing is gigantic! No more 'does my bum look big in this', my bum disappeared from view altogether!
09/12/2005 at 09:28
Good luck with the training Julianne. One thing to not with St John, their vests are very small, I always wear a Medium but nearly split their "medium" vest (either that or a had a lot of excess left from xmas last year)

Also you don't see groups of supporters like you do with NSPCC, Children with Leukemia (sp) etc but on the other hand, everyone with a tub of vaseline is a supporter - very handy in docklands :)

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
921 to 930 of 930 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.