Is it possible to run for a very small charity?

7 messages
26/09/2010 at 11:44

Hi. I am in the ballot for the VLM but when I entered I didn't select a charity to run for. The thing is, I would like to run in aid of my local sports club. It's in a tiny village in rural warwickshire and they are under threat of closing down due to lack of funding. They are regestered as a charity but i could not see any way of chosing to run for them from the VLM website.

Any ideas?

Cheerful Dave    pirate
26/09/2010 at 12:32
You don't need to chose anything on the VLM website.  If you get a ballot place you can raise money for whoever you like, using justgiving or whatever. 
26/09/2010 at 12:32
Luke, if you get in via the ballot you can run for whoever you want to. 
26/09/2010 at 15:06
O.K cool. thanks for that. Just had a look on the justgiving website and it looks quite good. Fingers crossed for getting a ballot place!
26/09/2010 at 17:15
Luke, for very small charities there are better options than JG - check out CharityChoice which the co-op runs - no costs for charities or donors . The charity do have to claim the gift aid back themselves but I'm told this isn't hard.
02/10/2010 at 22:39
didn'y get in anyway
03/10/2010 at 09:26
Berlin's better anyway

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.