is running VLM like planning a wedding?

costs, outfit, accomodation etc

41 to 47 of 47 messages
17/03/2010 at 20:57
Camlo - exactly! You can manage the run but for the other parts of your life your movement becomes restricted!

Def get your name on your vest esp if you're "slow" (your words not mine). Everyone whose done it says people calling your name out in the crowd is a great boost.

17/03/2010 at 21:29

name on vest

back and front

your MUCH more likely to be cheered

it will prove a real winner, i try and cheer all whether i'm running or spectating, but those i see with a name on , get the biggest cheer

17/03/2010 at 22:08
Name on vest is a good idea. I run for a club and wear a club vest. It's great when you're a stranger in a strange land and someone cheers you on.
18/03/2010 at 12:28

From my experience, if you dont have your name printed on your shirt, supporters find it amussing to shout out the first name they see which is on your running number, last few years everyone has been shouting 'FLORA'.......this year however!

As a side note I used some t shirt transfer paper, £5 from Tesco and did it myself

18/03/2010 at 14:13
If you're running for a charity then they should supply the letters for free!
18/03/2010 at 15:13

So do I put Camlo so all my buddies here will recognise me or my real name? Hmmm Camlo for sure-then hopefully I'll get a few hugs & a kick up the jacksie too.

Running for my lad who has kidney probs- his website is www.archiemorton.com if anyone wants to see!

Funny thing,  when I got married many moons ago my Dad asked me if I was sure & said I could back out if I wanted-last night he said the same thing about VLM! 

18/03/2010 at 15:57

I know for my charity they have a limit of 6 characters on your vest. It's up to you what you'd rather have people cheer, you're real name or nickname on here. However, I do remember someone saying on here that they had an usual name so supporters shouted all kinds of things! No saying that Camlo is difficult to pronouce but when you're zooming past people they may be expecting an everyday name.

It looks like dads like to make you feel really confident about doing VLM. Mine told me "do you know people die doing marathons?" Thanks.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 47 of 47 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.