Isn't it about time for the rejection letters for VLM yet?

161 to 180 of 220 messages
27/09/2012 at 14:10

I'm in

After 4 consecutive rejections I'm finaly in

27/09/2012 at 14:14
Hubby is a reject but I'm in on the 5th ballot attempt.
27/09/2012 at 14:21

holymoly, your support is greatly apreciated, we are hoping that dermot o'leary will run for the cause, failing that, its chegwin, in just a sombrero!!

27/09/2012 at 14:22

Rejection for me, but i'll just have to work harder @ my GFAtime, best of luck for those that are in and commiserations for those that missed out, still plenty of charitity places for thosethat have missed out.

Dustboy    pirate
27/09/2012 at 14:25

6th consecutive rejection. I wonder if a changed email address in the middle blew me out. What's the consecutive rejection record?

Club mara again then a couple of weeks before.

27/09/2012 at 14:28

apparently they get loads of applicants with an expected finish time between 3:45 and 4 hours, so perhaps the trick is to put an expected finish time of under 2 hours as I guess the quota will be pretty under subscribed.

27/09/2012 at 14:51

Yes! In 1 out of 2 tries. Not bad.

27/09/2012 at 15:00

In at first attempt! 

Shocker - but was poised to enter the Milton Keynes marathon if no luck so wasn't a half hearted entry.  Will be running my 2nd half next week and bring on the winter training!

27/09/2012 at 15:18

i put a finish time of 3.30 this year not 4.30 and didnt click the donate my entry fee and it has got me in after 2 rejections with a 4.30 finish and donting my entry

27/09/2012 at 15:39

Bah! Rejected. It was my first attempt though.

I'm doing my 6th half marathon this weekend and I'm keen to push myself up to a full marathon but don't really want to go through the charities route. Any recommendations for good spring marathons? I've noticed Brighton is full (apparently I shouldn't be surprised by this) and there are place available for Manchester. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

27/09/2012 at 15:42

Got my acceptance today, but my wife and son got the sorry magazine.

27/09/2012 at 15:50

Joel - The Paris marathon opens up for entries next month and is a fantastic event.

pmo
27/09/2012 at 16:11

But don't they poo in the pens @ Paris? A third 'no' for me. Off to look for a viable alternative.

Best of luck to those that get in

pmo
27/09/2012 at 16:40
pmo wrote (see)

But don't they poo in the pens @ Paris? A third 'no' for me. Off to look for a viable alternative.

Best of luck to those that get in

I don't remember any pooing going on, but the scarcity of toilet facilities at the start is a little annoying.  I may have been in a rather large line of gutter-waterers meself.  *ahem*...

Other than that it is a superb race and one I can fully recommend to anyone who needs another option and willing to go abroad.  Much more scenic than London and just as flat.

27/09/2012 at 16:42

No pooing but there was alot of peeing in the bushes.

I enjoyed Paris just as much, maybe even a bit more than London. It even seemed less crowded.

27/09/2012 at 16:55

Is the Milton Keynes marathon not a good alternative? It looks more scenic than it sounds and flat and has the advantage of being local in case you have to pull out - I was considering Paris but the expense of it all seemed too much to be booking and paying for if you end up injured. 

The plan now may be for my husband and son to 'watch' me at VLM and I will be there at the MK stadium to watch them finish two weeks later.

27/09/2012 at 17:22
Hubby got his acceptance mag today but nothing for me yet. Can I hope the payment line had just lost my details and an acceptance mag is on the way .... no such luck I would guess.
27/09/2012 at 18:44
Yes I am one of the last "priority entry people" who are guaranteed a place after 5 rejections. They have now stopped this but I had 2 years in so they honoured it. So next year with my fellow rejects!!!
27/09/2012 at 18:45

Got to wait for the post office tomo, the envelope couldnt be delievered !!! damn 

I had to check that i donated the fee and didnt get a crappy fleece 

27/09/2012 at 19:53
Dustboy wrote (see)

6th consecutive rejection. I wonder if a changed email address in the middle blew me out. What's the consecutive rejection record?

Club mara again then a couple of weeks before.

You should ring them. I read a similar post last year, they rang and were accepted!!!

161 to 180 of 220 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.