Kings Cross to the Start

Planning ahead!

9 messages
03/02/2004 at 16:05
Being a FLM virgin, on race day I'm intending to get a train from where I live (Bedfordshire) into Kings Cross. Sunday "engineering works" does concern me!
A couple of questions:
1. The best way to get from Kings Cross to the Start?
2. How long should I allow to get from Kings Cross to the Start?

Would appreciate any advice.
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
03/02/2004 at 16:13
KX to start

Tube Picadilly to Lieceter Squr then Nothern to Charing Cross then the appropriat train to start

09/02/2004 at 16:31
I would allow 30 mins to get from your train to Charing Cross, by the route outlined above by SB.
09/02/2004 at 16:44
You could get the train straight down on the northern line from Kings X to London Bridge (5 stops) and board the train there (where it also stops).

09/02/2004 at 19:22
How about Thameslink direct to London Bridge and train to start from there.
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
10/02/2004 at 09:34
trains are packed from Charing cross, very difficult to get on at LB.
10/02/2004 at 14:01
Just on this subject- I seem to remember the walk from the train station to the start was a good 20-30 mins (including a stop down some side-street due to too much pre-race Lucozade), plus you need to find the lorry to drop your kit off etc... so make sure you include some time for all that!
11/02/2004 at 14:26
So if you get to London Bridge, is it quicker to go off to Charing Cross and then come back again ?
11/02/2004 at 14:41
Don't worry you will be able to get on the train at London Bridge - it's crowded but that's all part of the atmosphere. Plus there will also be some non-marathon trains running (ha ha !). Do not consider going back to Charing Cross.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.