krakow marathon2013

21 to 26 of 26 messages
27/04/2013 at 13:56

Getting very close now! Nerves 

28/04/2013 at 18:39

How was it - I found it tough - very pleased with 3:21:55 ish final time awaited.

windy and hilly - very well organized 

28/04/2013 at 22:42

Congratulations!

I managed 4:36:42, way exceeding my expectations. I found it tough, but I was expecting it to be bad! Wind was only really an issue for the last few kms, and I was just grateful for the cloud more than anything.

Organisation was very good, besides the km markers which could have been a lot more obvious!

30/04/2013 at 10:22

Hello again and well done both of you! To think you were worried about the 6 hour limit russellelly!! And 3:21:55 is fantastic other Russell!

I am really chuffed with 4:01:36 which exceeded my expectations too. Actually ended up doing a very slight negative split because I was quite conservative in the 1st half and was feeling pretty good so kept pushing in the 2nd half. Of course the last 10k felt loooong! Of course now I have to do another one and go at least 97 seconds faster to get under 4 hours!

Also felt it was well organised but agree about the lack of obvious markers - I was glad for my garmin to keep track of where I was. But really enjoyed it and feeling sore but very satisfied to have conquered my 1st marathon!

23/12/2013 at 15:36

Russellelly, is that offer still open for 2014?

24/12/2013 at 19:03

Hi Terry,

I'm not in Poland any more, so unfortunately not. When I moved money from my Polish bank to my UK bank account I used TransferWise, whose fees are tiny compared to doing it directly through your own bank. Would definitely recommend. https://transferwise.com

Good luck for the marathon!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.