Ladies You Might like this ;o) A New Women's Marathon

261 Womens Marathon & 10k 9am Sunday 30th March 2014

21 to 40 of 49 messages
kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:16
seren nos wrote (see)

maybe they could have a seperate race for all different age groups so each age group wiunner can feel like a winner.....or maybe one for sub 4 hours only so that slower people can feel like a winner

i think park run has dispelled idea that there is a  need for womens only races even for the begginer distance of 5k

.by marketing right they are appealling to all....reassuring  women that men aren't scary beings out to upset themmm. to have a race at any longer distance is totally pointless in my opinion.......how can you get to run longer without ever seeing a man out on the streets etc

seren, spend a bit of time with teenage girls and actually listen to them talk about why they don't like PE. Actually talk to grown women and ask them how they feel, there is something nurturing and very supportive about female only races. Like I said at the beginning, as a woman who is naturally good at sport, to the point of taking it up as a career in terms of teaching/coaching/lecturing, I never had a problem competing against men in any of my chosen sports. BUT I know because I've had the conversation a whole heap of times... That there is so much potential out there for many women but former negative experiences of sport have turned them off. That's not the fault of men at all but I suggest that once again you're just trying to disagree with me for the sake of it.

Edited: 25/10/2013 at 18:16
25/10/2013 at 18:19

On TV it's good to have the races separated as otherwise the elite women get lost in the midst of the second tier men. 

25/10/2013 at 18:21
They just need to "man up" really.

Maybe that's not quite the right term.
seren nos    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:21

I have spent time with teenage girls and with women......thank you and have attended lots of park runs and running club events

as you can see RFL..is now fading as women realise that they do not need to be in a race just for women..

yes its great to spend time in a group of women and race with a group of women.but you can do that in a mixed pub or in a mixed race and i think the majority of people nowadays realise this....

go and chat to those from all ages and all speeds at park runs

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:24

You race in a pub?

Not wanting to be rude but your posts are pretty illiterate, and that detracts from any reasoned debate.

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:25

Not that we're actually having one, but there is hope...

seren nos    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:26

I'm happy with illiterate if thats what I am.....there are far worse things I could be....

25/10/2013 at 18:28

I actually think part of the reason interest in the RFL is on the wane is because no-one want to keep raising the money. 

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:30
Millsy1977 wrote (see)
They just need to "man up" really.

Maybe that's not quite the right term.

That would involve a surgical procedure and with the state of the NHS...

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:35
Screamapillar wrote (see)

I actually think part of the reason interest in the RFL is on the wane is because no-one want to keep raising the money. 

Yes I agree, RFL was never a running event really, it was a charity event and all the promotion tended to lean towards encouraging people to turn out en masse and be part of something special. I think that using RFL in a debate about the sexes and running/sport is not a valid criteria. RFL is what it is.

25/10/2013 at 18:39

Nothing wrong at all Screamy.

Although I think what KK called seren wasn't called for. Yellow card for KK

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:41
Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

Nothing wrong at all Screamy.

Although I think what KK called seren wasn't called for. Yellow card for KK

I get into trouble for being factual?

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:47

And as seren herself pointed out, there are far worse things you could be...

seren nos    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:54

so you understood that sentence... you ability to read is improving as the evening goes on.......maybe something is aiding your little grey cells... oh yes ItsFriday

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 18:58
seren nos wrote (see)

so you understood that sentence... you ability to read is improving as the evening goes on.......maybe something is aiding your little grey cells... oh yes ItsFriday

Ok, you're the drunk one I think. I understood everything.

Edited: 25/10/2013 at 18:59
kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 19:07

Understood is a dirty little euphemism for shitting under your computer, and blaming the dog whilst typing (if my imagination was allowed to run rampant with this).

Which it isn't because I just 'know' that the same small group of people are going to make the 'same' complaints about my posting here. Even for this thread which is in no way offensive to anything other than the slippers that get shat on.

25/10/2013 at 19:11

Wow. You really don't like being told off do you?

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 19:25
Sussex Runner NLR wrote (see)

Wow. You really don't like being told off do you?

Serious answer? No and that doesn't mean that I don't digest opinion and then take some time to process that in time. I do, but what I find very difficult about online communication specifically, is the brash and almost childlike assumption that everyone will and should get on with everyone.

I don't like everyone who is or wants to be a Pirate, just because they post here and say they want to be. At least I'm very upfront about that, no-one else is... And yet behind backs some people are really nasty.

kittenkat    pirate
25/10/2013 at 19:28

And to add to that, I never found that with Clubhouse, it's just a different vibe. We get on with no drama.

25/10/2013 at 19:37

I think women-only events are crap, and pander to the idea that men are nasty beasts who can't be trusted to behave in public.

Some women do just need to man up, in effect.  Do they think that no men will be there to watch their wives/girlfriends/daughters?  A women-only event is not going to be completely man-free.

And I wish KK and SN would just put each other on ignore.

21 to 40 of 49 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.