London 2008

Sub 3:30 Anyone

2,681 to 2,700 of 2,746 messages
11/04/2008 at 12:59

Swayer - Sorry to hear that, I'm gutted that I'm missing out this weekend, especially now the expo's on, but I've had six weeks to get used to the idea.

I had £3,500 pledged so I'm booked for NY instead.

11/04/2008 at 13:03

Swayer - Gutted for you - rest well & come back stronger.

Off to get train in a couple of hours for the long journey from oop north to the big city.  Will be taking a lap top with me for forum & weather updates - hopefully will have wi-fi at hotel.

Just in case - good luck all & hope we all get the times we are dreaming of.

2 more sleeps !!!

11/04/2008 at 13:04
MF - NY - Now thats an idea - Will have a think about that after Sunday - How did you get your entry?
11/04/2008 at 13:24

CT - ballot or there's a GFA system on half maras and full.

Online entry too so no hanging around to see if your chqs cashed....

Great city atmosphere in manhatton too

11/04/2008 at 13:42
My wife does voluntary work for Beating Bowel Cancer and I think they have charity places for NY .
11/04/2008 at 13:49

Good luck everyone. Have a brilliant day and may all your dreams come true.

Special wishes to RFJ on what I'm sure will be a very emotional run for him.

Looking forward to hearing the stories afterwards.

Are we meeting up on the Green start again at the same place? I'll e-mail my number to the usual suspects and if anyone else would like to come and say hello then please e-mail me. You never know, you might get your photo taken with James Cracknell! (That is who it was, isn't it? I'm rubbish at celeb spotting).

11/04/2008 at 14:58
or Ronan Keating LOL
11/04/2008 at 16:13

Thanks CG.

Swayer, sorry to hear, you must be gutted.

All the very best to all racing on Sunday, take care and hopefully see some of you.

11/04/2008 at 16:30

I'm exhausted and want to leave work now - having completed all I can before taking a week off!  Collected my number and everything else yesterday.  Was excited till today - have had a headache all day and two nose bleeds! 

Tonight I need to pack - as we're going from London on Sunday to Stanstead to fly out to Italy on Monday morning and I still havent booked a hire car OR got any euros!

Supposed to be coaching tomorrow morning before we drive to London - think I'll see if the others can manage without me and then I can have a more leisurely morning to get ready - but I know we're already 1 coach down and just thinking of it makes me feel guilty!  Why did I think it was so clever to go away the week after flm?

I've promised my club friends that I'll get to the start early instead of late this time.  I estimate that this will mean leaving the hotel at 8am - allowing 20 mins to get to tube station from hotel, 20 mins on tube and 20mins from tube to start, arrive at 9am.  Might just book a taxi though - its got to be easier? So I'll keep an eye out for you others.  AA - I might recognise you from meeting up at expo last year!  

11/04/2008 at 16:47
RJF - Sounds good, 08:30 at the church then, may I suggest to wait by the main doorway, anyone else joining.
11/04/2008 at 16:48
Sounds fine, just near the steps..... (hopefully wont be lashing down...) will try and text, if plans go pear shaped...
11/04/2008 at 18:51

Last minute visitor to this thread.  Glad to see I'm not the only one who's been sneaking on to the 3:15 thread to see what the speed merchants are up to.

Public target: sub-3:30. Private target: 3:20. 

Race plan: start at 8:00 pace, edge up to nothing faster than 7:35 before the 20 mile mark, then tell myself I've got a 10K race to do and just get on with it.  Well, that's the theory.

Good luck everyone.

12/04/2008 at 07:26

This is me now signing off and heading into London, to all have a great race and will look forward to your post race reports.

Enjoy, have a good one.

12/04/2008 at 08:45

albee - were you banksie last year?? Wondered what had happened to you!

CG, usual spot by the celeb tent?? Remember when we took Minni's pic with James Cracknell?! So funny, we do have a laugh before the race - takes al the nerves away! ANd the state of Jade Goody!

I feel a bit rough today - hope its nothing serious.

Got a fun day watching Reading v Fulham - it's crucial for us!

12/04/2008 at 08:53

Hi everyone,

Just a last GOOD LUCK to you all. I will be looking out for you all as I will stil travel up to cheer you all on. May you all achieve the magic sub 3.30. So wish I was there on the start line. Gonna feel weird if not a little upsetting!!!!!!!

Are you all meeting up at the end in the repat areas?? If so where as a I would like to get over to see you and say well done.

Best wishes to you all,

Swayer

PS - RFJ/AA....I suppose a good sporting and entertaining 4-4 draw wont help either of you.

AA - You'll have to let me know a little more about Berlin. I see in RW its the best race to try and hit any PB in.

12/04/2008 at 09:35
GOODLUCK GUYS!!
12/04/2008 at 15:06

Good luck all!

I'll be eagerly awaiting your finishing times tomorrow, just enjoy the day.

CT - I was running London for Macmillan, because I'd raised £3500 they transferred my sponsorship total over to NY, I just had to pay £459 registration for the flights and accommodation.

12/04/2008 at 16:28

Collected my number yesterday, and I've just done a gentle 2 miles round the block to make sure everything is still in working order. Off now to get everything packed and ready as I have to be out of the house by 6:15 tomorrow so I want everything ready to pick up and run.

So good luck to everybody, hope you all have a great day. You've all helped me get to this point and I'm very grateful. Currently I'm excited, nervous and apprehensive all at the same time - I hate to think what my heartrate is going to be like 30 seconds before the start!

12/04/2008 at 18:20

Well - well done RFJ for beating us - we were shocking. Hope my performance tomorrow is better than Reading's today!!!

Good luck to everyone whose not left yet.

Just eaten my pasta and feel really bloated!

Bit nervous but looking forward to it.

This is me signing off til tomorrow.

13/04/2008 at 15:05

Well done everyone who ran today. Brilliant to see Smiffy and AA again and to run with AA to halfway.

I've seen some of the results but won't spill the beans. The lack of training told in the end and although I was hoping for 3:30 something, I'm not disappointed with 3:42. Went through halfway in 1:44 but got really bad stitch at 21 miles.

Highlights were running with AA, seeing Mick and Phil on the other side of the road at 21 miles obviously having the time of their lives and the bag of chocolates in the goody bag!

Can't wait to get some proper training done for Mablethorpe now.

2,681 to 2,700 of 2,746 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.