London based sub 3:15 FLM? Read on!

1 message
01/03/2008 at 19:06

Hi

Firstly, thanks for reading this thread.

Its purpose is to seek volunteers to aid my Masters' thesis - which is investigating the use of mental skills in marathon running.

You won't be prodded, poked, or generally messed around with if you participate - it's purely an observational study. I'm looking for experienced marathon runners, sub 3:15 (ish).

Your "commitment", so to speak, will be limited to the following:

A brief questionnaire, which can be completed by post, e-mail, or phone if you prefer.

A diary/log to note your experience in the final weeks before FLM 08 (only a few lines for your longer runs, no need for War and Peace!). If you already keep a training diary, this will be a piece of cake for you!

Completing a brief note on the Sunday evening of the marathon, recording specific details of your FLM 08 race experience

A tape-recorded interview, carried out in the days following FLM '08, to explore various aspects of your race experience (hence looking for London based participants!)

I hope you choose to participate in this study. It is hoped that your contribution would enable future marathon runners to improve their psychological preparation and their mental skills on race-day! I would also be happy to help you with any specific mental skills training related to your running - but can only do this AFTER FLM 08, owing to the nature of my thesis.

Please contact me if you have any questions, or would like to volunteer. Also, please feel free to pass this information and my contact details onto fellow runners who may not visit this RW forum.

Thanks

Andy Preston

prestona@roehampton.ac.uk 

07951 574613

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.