London Marathon - Runners & Supporters 2008

Advance Warning !!!

941 to 953 of 953 messages
15/04/2008 at 14:59
Yeah, we were a bit hidden by people who were standing on the edges of
the zebra crossing.
15/04/2008 at 15:12

I did post on the group 8 thread...but a massive thanks to you for being there at mile 17.

I was really struggling by then, and after I had negotiated behind the crowd in front of the railing it was just fantastic getting my little treats and knowing you were there for us. The sign on the lamp post or wherever was a blessing cos the people standing on the road, by the time I got there, were blocking our view of you. Didn't they annoy you, or were they with you?

I  can't even remember who took the time and trouble to wet my flannel for me, but you were a bless, and it helped me loads.

Thank you.

15/04/2008 at 15:20

Hi all, already posted on my group thread but wanted to pop in here and thank everyone for organising it.  It was really great and I coulnd't believe how loud you all were .  I spotted you quite easy, I saw the blue and yellow balloons first and almost as soon as I thought is that them, I saw the 100 metres to go sign.  I slighlty overshot my group as the people in front made it hard for me to spot the sign.  I'm only little, 5ft.  So I had to clamber back across the waterbottles to get you.   Didn't manage more than a breathless thanks at the time tho. 

Thanks for organising it you are all stars.  I will definetly be joining you on the other side of the barriers next year.  How do we join up for supporters, just look out for next years thread?

ImRio    pirate
15/04/2008 at 15:22
I am looking forward to being a supporter next year already
15/04/2008 at 15:35
Only if I can join you Rio
Nam
15/04/2008 at 15:36
I'm looking forward to my lassoo training!
15/04/2008 at 19:59

I'm hoping to be a runner next year, despite all the "never again" rubbish I came out with a few years ago.  The atmosphere was fantastic on Sunday, it was great being part of it.  If I don't get in I'll definitely be supporting if it is 26th April.

Thanks for a brilliant job of organising, Barley

17/04/2008 at 17:57
Can I just add my massive thanks to all the RW supporters!  I was seriouly lagging around that point and had totally forgotten about the support group.  So when I saw the 100 meter sign I nearly sprinted up there!  And the cheers and shouting were amazing! So thanks for organising Barley and thanks to everyone Nam and Bear(i think!?) especially who were so loud!
17/04/2008 at 17:58
And yeah if I'm not running will definitely be joining the support group next year!
18/04/2008 at 17:21

Just wanted to say hi.

Thanks to BB and everyone for welcoming me to the supporters team.  I had a great time, but don't think I was much use.  Will know how to help more next year.

Plodding Hippo - what was your time?

18/04/2008 at 18:06
x
LFV
26/04/2008 at 17:15
Paula, I remember you. Of course you were of use just being there helped!!
30/04/2008 at 16:22
Thanks to all at Fetchpoint for the cheers and for the lady who gave me the smile ,cheer and thumbs up. Thanks too for the guy who gave me the jelly babies. From mile 20 onwards what kept me going was knowing there would be cheers at the Fetchpoint and was focussing on looking out for the balloons coming up. I had a great time and loved my first marathon race and am already hoping I can do it all again next year.
Edited: 30/04/2008 at 16:25

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
941 to 953 of 953 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.