London Marathon - SWtrains issues into Waterloo on Sunday

Serious issues with trains into Waterloo - cab from Guildford anyone?

7 messages
18/04/2013 at 21:49

There are emergency works happening around Vauxhall meaning very limited trains in/out of Waterloo until 4pm.  

I'm travelling from Guildford and wondered if we could get enough people in the same boat to share a cab/minibus - I would think c.£30/40 each to get up there (four people).

Otherwise I'm looking at staying in town.

18/04/2013 at 21:58

Can you not change at Clapham Junction and go into Victoria, then use the tube to connect to the next train?

18/04/2013 at 22:00

What XFR bear says ........ vauxhall is the next stop, why bother fussing over that ...... take the train into clapham and catch a cap from there if you like.

Or to be honest, save yourself a bundle, and just catch one of the buses that go from outside the station into London.

18/04/2013 at 22:08

not clear that trains are going into Clapham - I'm trying to find out - if anyone knows that would be great!

18/04/2013 at 22:56
I was told about this when I bought my ticket today and when the ticket man looked it up there were quite a few still going in? He said it depended on which station you were leaving from though
19/04/2013 at 17:59
19/04/2013 at 20:06
I asked today when I was going up to the expo and ticket man said basically there would be 'no trains' - that's from SW London - I'm going to get the tube which is a bit of a pain for me and family travelling up later but glad to find out about it now instead of Sunday morning! so thanks for the advanced warning Ferris 29

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
7 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.