London Marathon 2011

21 to 38 of 38 messages
27/04/2010 at 12:40
Did you get any hold music when on hold? I am getting nothing.
27/04/2010 at 13:03
Yes i got the london marathon theme tune thing they used on the TV
27/04/2010 at 13:05
Thank you.  I'll hang up then.
27/04/2010 at 14:31

I have applied for the last 4 years and been rejected.  I have received no pre-registration email.  I have tried to ring but can't get through on the phoneline.

I only found out about the pre-registration by accident today.  I don't think it is very well organised.  I rang the VLM line a few weeks ago to ask about when the ballot opened and was todl next week, the pre-registration was never mentioned. 

I will continue to try to get through on the phone but I work full time and it is hard to get through.  If I had waited for the ballot for next week I woudl have missed out completely.

I don't think it is very well organised.

27/04/2010 at 15:56
I think I am going to give up now and try and enter the ballot.  My partner says about running for charity but I just don't want to.   I may decide to raise money for charity if I get a ballot place one day but I can then choose one.
27/04/2010 at 15:56
right now I need to find a place to send a letter of complaint to.
27/04/2010 at 16:05
You still have three days to get in touch with them. Surely it's worth trying again tomorrow?
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
27/04/2010 at 16:09
I wish to register a complaint .....................
27/04/2010 at 16:11

Hi Kerry

I want to complaint too!!  I know that there are charity places but I don't think I could commit to raising the amount of money the charities want.  I have been entering the ballot for 4 years now and dontaing the entry fee to charity, expecting to get a guaranteed place after 5 years.  It is not right!!

27/04/2010 at 16:25
It might be worth trying tomorrow but I don't really want to waste anymore time pressing redial.  I will see how I feel. 
Dave The Ex- Spartan    pirate
27/04/2010 at 16:34
No dedication
27/04/2010 at 20:09

I managed to get through earlier today. I had to wait for about 30 rings before someone answered. When I get through they were pretty quick. I had two rejections and the reason I didnt get an email was because I registered under two different addresses. Girl was really helpful. Sent me through the registration email within about 5 mins. All signed up now. Fingers crossed.

S

27/04/2010 at 21:41
I will try again. No dedication, hmmm.  Is it right to not provide proper services like this to test for proper dedication then. 
27/04/2010 at 21:42
I just got a bit too emotional about it all.   A bit of  a dream of mine
28/04/2010 at 00:34
Kerry.. it's not because they are busy by any chance?.  There will be runners who have lost property, not got their kit bag back at the finish, not got their name in the results because their chip malfunctioned, results queries etc etc.  And you are pestering them about a vaguely possible way of getting an entry in some future year.  Hardly a priority for them right this minute.  Give them a break for a bit and try another day.  Best of luck BTW.  
29/04/2010 at 22:04

Kerry ignore Wardi.  It is very frustrating.

If you are still having difficulties try emailing

lauras@london-marathon.co.uk

05/05/2010 at 17:34

I entered the ballot in the early hours of tuesday, and got to the thank you page telling me i'd be emailed shortly.

Still nothing at this moment; who else is in the same boat?

05/05/2010 at 17:59
Duke if you go onto one of the other threads for the 2011 ballot there are quite a few people who have the same problem, they've all been told that as long as they had the page saying thank you with a ref no. then they are entered. However if you want to check go onto the thread and there is a phone no. to call.

Good luck!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 38 of 38 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.