London Marathon 2012: Runners and Supporters

201 to 220 of 918 messages
17/02/2012 at 19:43
22nd April
17/02/2012 at 22:57
Excellent news you're coming along Maddy  I was beginning to fret about not having enough supporters.
17/02/2012 at 23:10
I was talking to someone about Mudhute today and the number of runners vs supporters. Considering how infrequently people run VLM multiple times, it's a shame more don't cross to the supporting side in following years, or is that just me thinking that?
Edited: 17/02/2012 at 23:10
18/02/2012 at 08:37
They obviously don't realise that the supporting side of the fence is THE place to be on marathon day!! Their loss!
18/02/2012 at 23:29
We do have a lot of fun
19/02/2012 at 09:37
TP please can Hash and I be in the same support team?
Crikey there's a lot of spam about today again ... took a while to find the thread ...
19/02/2012 at 19:26
I'd definitely like to be on the supporting side next year (if I make it through this year's run that is!). x
19/02/2012 at 19:47

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit (& Brother BH plus friend!)
Tickled Pink
Frodo
SuperCaz
VikW
Hash
Mikefrog
GillyMac
xine267
B
Mr Zuvai
KateF
Snails Pace
Maddy

Runners:

Rob22
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Denny! (SBH group)
kittenkat
Shmaggle
Minni
Emmy Bug
Mad welshwoman
Sweetest Thing (fingers crossed!)
Loon. (with Sweetest Thing please)
Tommygun2
Prawnie
Mr. Puffy (Hash's support group please)
Len 2
Screamapillar
Minardi
jshrew
Andy Jones 18
petwencal
Ivy Mike
Chris Giles 4
DL
BBH (Bear B.Hind)
dave wood 4 (plus son Dan & nephew Sam)
Ben O'Connell
Browny28
kaffeeg
Happychap
Alki
Richard Worrall 4
geena p
Simon Lister 2
Liz EE
Deedee24
Que Sera Sara
Jordie
Black And Tabby
Katy_V
No Pain
HannahsmomUK
LMDavies
Maria Doherty
hopetofinish
Sloth
Sal f
Badoo
Stevie H
Ye Olde Dragon (sue)
Cregmalin
Claire Hardman
Pug Runner
WA & Mrs WA
Little Miss Blister
Tracey
ferijoa
Gladragsbe
Becks
Bluesky12

Edited: 19/02/2012 at 19:48
19/02/2012 at 19:59
And me (supporter, probably limping).
20/02/2012 at 11:30

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit (& Brother BH plus friend!)
Tickled Pink
Frodo
SuperCaz
VikW
Hash
Mikefrog
GillyMac
xine267
B
Mr Zuvai
KateF
Snails Pace
Maddy
Foxy Lady

Runners:

Rob22
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Denny! (SBH group)
kittenkat
Shmaggle
Minni
Emmy Bug
Mad welshwoman
Sweetest Thing (fingers crossed!)
Loon. (with Sweetest Thing please)
Tommygun2
Prawnie
Mr. Puffy (Hash's support group please)
Len 2
Screamapillar
Minardi
jshrew
Andy Jones 18
petwencal
Ivy Mike
Chris Giles 4
DL
BBH (Bear B.Hind)
dave wood 4 (plus son Dan & nephew Sam)
Ben O'Connell
Browny28
kaffeeg
Happychap
Alki
Richard Worrall 4
geena p
Simon Lister 2
Liz EE
Deedee24
Que Sera Sara
Jordie
Black And Tabby
Katy_V
No Pain
HannahsmomUK
LMDavies
Maria Doherty
hopetofinish
Sloth
Sal f
Badoo
Stevie H
Ye Olde Dragon (sue)
Cregmalin
Claire Hardman
Pug Runner
WA & Mrs WA
Little Miss Blister
Tracey
ferijoa
Gladragsbe
Becks
Bluesky12

That's Foxy firmly back in place

Ideally I'd like 24 supporters so we can have 8 teams of 3 but we're still a few short of that so it may end up as only 7 teams this year.  I feel the same LN, and I don't buy the 'too far to travel just to support' line for fairly obvious reasons

20/02/2012 at 11:45
It really is a fun day out, and if there are any lurkers who are afraid that they don't know anyone or won't fit in then can I reassure them that we welcome everyone no matter who you are.  You don't need any experience as there are enough people who have done it before that can show you the ropes and it really is very easy.  All you need is enthusiasm for cheering, drinking and eating cake.
20/02/2012 at 12:14

I know this is a bit cheeky but thought it was worth a try !! I am running for the charity PhabKids and really struggling for sponosrship, now I know I dont know you but if anybody can spare a few pounds I really would be greatful

http://www.justgiving.com/Rachel-Watkins0

Rachel

20/02/2012 at 12:19

Yes it is a bit cheeky and RW Towers really doesn't like it either.  If everybody did this then the site would be awash with people asking for money. 

There are usually a couple of focused therads nearer the time for charity pitches.

20/02/2012 at 12:23
Ok sorry not to worry x
20/02/2012 at 15:17
Plus most of us know enough people who are friends who are running to have a firm idea where our charity donations are going this year.... (Sweetest/BDB and Vikw at Brighton are my top 3 when I get round to it....)
21/02/2012 at 16:22

Bouncy bouncy bouncy!! Come one come all - TP, I was thinking along the lines of 7 teams too, suppose we're getting to the stage of splitting people into their groups will pm you on the facey thingy

Oh, and just to echo the fact that we're not that scary really!!! I've only been a couple of years - I'm a defector from t'other side of the fence in 2009 (a one time only lol) and have had a total ball hence the repeat appearances please doo feel free to join us, whichever side of the fence you may be.......oh, and stay clear of Becks and her camera/phone

21/02/2012 at 18:44
Little Ninja wrote (see)
I was talking to someone about Mudhute today and the number of runners vs supporters. Considering how infrequently people run VLM multiple times, it's a shame more don't cross to the supporting side in following years, or is that just me thinking that?

No it's not just you!  Considering the number of people who have taken advantage of Mudchute support over the years, I think it's pretty sad that people don't come back and repay the favour the following year.

I also notice people have appeared on this thread with minimal number of posts and it makes me feel as if they are 'jumping on the band wagon' and I have my suspicions that they won't be around on the forum much after 22 April, letalone at Mudchute 2013. 

I have done Mudchute for the last three years and have had a ball at every single one of them; it really is a massive craic and I am sad that I can't be there this year.  

I would like to put it out there that the runners on the list seriously think about coming back next year on the other side of the fence.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/02/2012 at 19:00
I’ve been both a supporter and a supportee - it’s hard to say which is the most fun or which is the most tiring.

I second what has been said about people coming up after being supported, it’s an incredible sight that you miss out on when actually doing the thing.
There are elite runner, fast runners, wheelchair “runners”, average runners, and the real heroes those who are going to be on their feet putting in the max effort they have for up to 8 hours or more. Those people need this support station more than anyone else, if only for the fact that people stay and are encouraging and cajoling (and occasionally abusing in a Barleyesque fashion), those exhausted determined people.

So come on people, if you are not running, go to Mudchute and taste what marathons are really all about
21/02/2012 at 19:28

You forgot the z-list celebs, Ye Olde Dragon

Last year, I had Dom (from Dick and Dom in Da Bungalow) retrieve his jelly baby from my cleavage.

Ye Olde Dragon    pirate
21/02/2012 at 19:31
One year Gordon Ramsey was nearly sick in someone’s rucksack! Can’t remember who it was, but when she said, don’t be sick in that! he swore at her - not like him!!!

I just had to google Dick and Dom - poor you
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.