London Marathon 2012: Runners and Supporters

1 to 20 of 918 messages
04/01/2012 at 16:08

London Marathon 22nd April 2012

Some of you will be aware of this recurring thread and may even have been waiting for it - the lurvely Bouncing Barlist usually organises it but is up to his very tall eyeballs at the moment so yours truly and Tickled Pink have said we'll pick up the baton!

Every year members of the forum arrange a support area at Mudchute, Docklands which is at about 17 miles.

Usually we have about 50+ supporters and well over 200 runners, the idea is runners are split between pairs of supporters that can give you that extra special cheer and provide any special needs such as gels, even cans of beer have been requested in the past. After the race we all meet up at a pub near Trafalgar Square.

Anyone is welcome to come along, help us support the race and join in the fun, its just one big party and a fantastic day out. 

http://www.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/453957/Gallery/London_2012.jpg

To begin with we need two lists:

Supporters (those forum members who can come along and support). 

Runners (forum names of runners; who would like that extra big cheer to get them through the last miles).

A month or so before the race we will split the supporters into teams, arrange all the logistics of what we need to bring etc and allocate the runners between the support teams.  Once this is done the support teams will contact all their runners to find out specific race day information e.g. predicted time, special needs, race number etc.

All are encouraged to meet up at 'the pub' Chandos, Trafalgar Square for many beers and stories of achievement after the race.

All those joining this thread, please ensure that your Runner's World messaging is enabled as this will be the only way we shall be able to contact you once the organisation gets into full swing in March. To enable messaging go into 'My Profile' and tick the tick box 'Message Me'.

Edited: 04/01/2012 at 16:15
04/01/2012 at 16:11

Add your name to the appropriate list please!

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink

Runners:

Edited: 04/01/2012 at 16:14
seren nos yn canu    pirate
04/01/2012 at 16:42
I am running
04/01/2012 at 16:45

Yay, go seren!!!

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink

Runners:
seren nos

04/01/2012 at 16:53

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink

Runners:
seren nos
Sacco di Noci

04/01/2012 at 16:53
I need all the encouragement I can get.
04/01/2012 at 16:55
Oh believe me we're good at encouragement!!!! We do mad shouting and waving, hugs, kisses, the whole shebang!
04/01/2012 at 17:02
What a fantastic idea!

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink

Runners:
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Bouncing Barlist    pirate
04/01/2012 at 17:21
Yeah, good luck with the coordination/organising

For anyone wondering, im not going to be involved to much this year as dont have the time but SBH & TP can surely do a better job, or at least be more glamourous whilst doing it
04/01/2012 at 17:22
please give me a cheer as i'm going to struggle xx
04/01/2012 at 17:27

Denny lovey I'll put you in my group  (am now really really hoping you're who I think you are!!!! Hee hee)

And Barlos, you have seen me by the end of the day the last 2 years haven't you?!!!! Dribbling mess just about sums it up lol  mwah!

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink

Runners:
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Denny! (SBH group)

Edited: 04/01/2012 at 17:28
04/01/2012 at 17:31
SBH - he has a very *interesting* picture of us on an escalator on the underground after last year's LM .  It makes HIM a dribbling mess
04/01/2012 at 17:37
Oh dear lord I don't even remember that!!!!!!! Perhaps you might be so kind as to send it to me via message on FB?  lol I have no idea how on earth I managed to get home y'know  hee hee
04/01/2012 at 17:51
Oh yes please, need all the support I can get! I may be needing a lift/carry/rocket up me arse by that point so please come prepared!

Hmm, not sure how I copy the list, am on iPad and not my trusty wind-up laptop....
04/01/2012 at 18:00

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink

Runners:
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Denny! (SBH group)
kittenkat
Minni

04/01/2012 at 18:01

Your wish is my commaned Shmaggle  (people need to make the most of this, I'm off this week so going to be online a lot, from next week I won't be around to add peeps lol!)

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink

Runners:
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Denny! (SBH group)
kittenkat
Shmaggle

04/01/2012 at 18:03
I am 80% sure I will be able to come down and cheer - just need to check the calendar properly with Mr Frodo

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink
Frodo

Runners:
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Denny! (SBH group)
kittenkat
Shmaggle
04/01/2012 at 18:03
Tsk!  First you nick my role as Chief To The Deputy Mudchute Organiser and now you're after my list wand! 
04/01/2012 at 18:12

Oh whatevah!!!  I have absolutely no doubt me and TP will need your expertise, see what's happened already cos I cross posted with Minni!!  lol!!

Supporters:
Sister Bad Habit
Tickled Pink
Frodo

Runners:
seren nos
Sacco di Noci
Angela McClelland 2
Denny! (SBH group)
kittenkat
Shmaggle
Minni

Can't wait to see you Frodo! Make sure that calendar is clear  I've already told Brother BH he's not to have any gigs that day after he let me go on my own last year lol

04/01/2012 at 18:37

Well I'm not after your list job Schmunks.  My knowledge of the alphabet is rudimentary in the extreme.

Looking forward to seeing everyone and waving those pom poms whilst looking cool and glamorous ... yeah right .....

I can totally recommend the supporting bit.  It's the best fun you can have with your clothes on ....

1 to 20 of 918 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.