London Marathon 2013 - Runners & Supporters

181 to 200 of 564 messages
04/03/2013 at 11:03

Two stroke....as Private Jones says "Dont Panic " Dont Panic"..plenty of time left and you will lose only a tiny fraction of performance potential by taking a week or so off...

Good week-end for me, new Half PB ( albeit a 2 second PB ..

Just 4 weeks to the safe haven that is "taper time"....

Sf

04/03/2013 at 14:15

Two Stroke, I wouldn't worry as you will still be faster than me even if you are a bit broken. I reckon you will all be in the pub by the time I finish .

06/03/2013 at 09:33

I'll be walking it Eckytump so I doubt I'll be slower than you!  It's going to be a slow journey and there is a chance I won't make the cut off.  Meantime the swelling and pain have reduced quite a lot and the bruising appears to be calming down a little.  No swimming this week as it's too early still, but have some more exercises to do.  Went to see my sports massage lady on Monday and she did a manual lmphyatic drainage massage which really helped

06/03/2013 at 12:27
Hi all

TST glad to see the swelling and pain is going. You will get round I know it

Hope everyone's training is going well! Looking forward to meeting you all!!
06/03/2013 at 12:44

Training gone to pot last three weeks so need to get back on schedule. Half mara on Sunday so will review stamina and fitness but will kiss goodbye to GFA attemt or any madcap GWR. Ho Hum

06/03/2013 at 13:48

Hey guys, hope training is going well!

My name seems to have crept back on to the Supporters List in the last edit, but I can't make it to VLM this year because I'm doing a different race that day. Sorry to keep harping on about it but I don't want to disappoint anyone that was depending on me for jelly babies or lager

Edited list below

Supporters
Sister Bad Habit (aka K-Web on the 'other' site for those crossing from the dark side lol)
SuperCaz
VikW
KateF
Tommygun2
katb
Mrs Warkie
BBH
Womble
JohnClose3
Soup Dragon
Sweetest Thing (with FL & LB)
Foxy Lady (with ST & LB)
XFR Bear
LouiseG
Mrs ZiggyTheSpider (contact through ZiggyThe Spider)
Beck01

Runners

Alki
Mr Alki
Cake
Camberwell
Cocoa Pop.
Cooper 16
Dave Wood 4 and Dan Wood
georginagem
gizmo83
Happychap
Helen Macfarlane 2
Holymoly
Hopetofinish
Khanivore
kittenkat (hopefully not stopping, no offence)
Lady Wot Jogs
Lee the Pea
Literatin
Mark 1981
Mattoo
Loon (definitely stopping and expecting lots of hugs)
Mike Frog
Millsy1977
Mr Puffy.
Nick Wicks 2
Night Nurse
No Pain
Nykie (I had a group last year but only at the last minute, so didn't really get to know people)
PipG
Pottermiss
Prawnie (& Mr Prawnie running his first marathon)
Rattler Rattler
RFJ
RosemaryClose4
Slim Fast
Sofaboy.
Straycelt
TortoiseWins
Two-Stroke Tart
Ultra Kazzaaaaah!
USB
Vixx76
Warkie
Wickett ~
ZiggyTheSpider
15West
Go Caz

06/03/2013 at 18:36

Hows everyones training going? Hope no one is panicking too much :S

Is anyone here form the Essex area? I fear im gonna end up standing around on my own nervous as hell waiting for the race to start

07/03/2013 at 09:24

Tortoise, vlm is one place you won't be on your own. Unless sub 2.45 there's always someone at every pace to chat too! Panic not

08/03/2013 at 05:40
Well my training going just about to plan have done a 18 miler last week
Just got some new trainers and breaking them in for when I go for my 20/22 miler in 3 weeks time .
If that goes ok i will be well happy I am looking forward to race day but nerves starting to kick in a bit :0)
08/03/2013 at 10:21

Tortoise Re:" I fear im gonna end up standing around on my own nervous as hell waiting for the race to start"......you can dsafely assume that everyone else is feeling exactly the same....if you say hello to whoever is standing beside you as you wauit and the start and say hello you can be certain they will be delighted to chat and be distracted from their own nerves and naked fear ...

Lex

08/03/2013 at 12:24

Woo hoo!  Seen the physio and so long as I do as I'm told and build slowly I am good to go!  Yes it will be slow and yes it will probably hurt (my legs generally as opposed to the ankle) but at least I can do it! 

08/03/2013 at 12:44
Hope it all goes ok for ya 2 stoke still 6 weeks to go .
09/03/2013 at 18:59
Eek-I seem to have dropped off the runners' list... Please could someone more technically-minded assist?! Thanks!!! Where do you guys usually pitch yourselves? Longest training run tomorrow (aside from Paris mara in 7 April...). Fingers crossed for no rain!!x
09/03/2013 at 19:39

K-Dwag Im not on the list either, Last year they were at Mile 17 think be the same this year..... but don't quote me on that  im sure we will all be told. I will try to add us both to the list....

Supporters 
Sister Bad Habit (aka K-Web on the 'other' site for those crossing from the dark side lol) 
SuperCaz 
VikW 
KateF 
Tommygun2 
katb 
Mrs Warkie 
BBH 
Womble 
JohnClose3 
Soup Dragon 
Sweetest Thing (with FL & LB) 
Foxy Lady (with ST & LB) 
XFR Bear 
LouiseG 
Mrs ZiggyTheSpider (contact through ZiggyThe Spider) 
Beck01

Claire Hardman

Runners 

Alki 
Mr Alki 
Cake 
Camberwell 
Cocoa Pop. 
Cooper 16 
Dave Wood 4 and Dan Wood 
georginagem 
gizmo83 
Happychap 
Helen Macfarlane 2 
Holymoly 
Hopetofinish 
Khanivore 
kittenkat (hopefully not stopping, no offence) 
Lady Wot Jogs 
Lee the Pea 
Literatin 
Mark 1981 
Mattoo 
Loon (definitely stopping and expecting lots of hugs) 
Mike Frog 
Millsy1977 
Mr Puffy. 
Nick Wicks 2 
Night Nurse 
No Pain 
Nykie (I had a group last year but only at the last minute, so didn't really get to know people) 
PipG 
Pottermiss 
Prawnie (& Mr Prawnie running his first marathon) 
Rattler Rattler 
RFJ 
RosemaryClose4 
Slim Fast 
Sofaboy. 
Straycelt 
TortoiseWins 
Two-Stroke Tart 
Ultra Kazzaaaaah! 
USB 
Vixx76 
Warkie 
Wickett ~ 
ZiggyTheSpider 
15West 
Go Caz

K-Dawg  

Kind of managed it.... got a strange space.... sorry!

Anyway hope everyones training is going well. So glad im supporting this year. Will start practgising my cheering soon  As for the nerves enjoy them, its an amazing experience and the support and experience of the day you will never forget. 

11/03/2013 at 06:22
Can you add me to list will give ya all a hi five as I pass :0)
11/03/2013 at 07:18

we've lost Eckytump running with teddy from the list

11/03/2013 at 16:55

Awwwwwwwwww yeh Louise , Im not on the list *sniff sniff* . Can I go on it please, I promise to behave

11/03/2013 at 18:57
I've dropped off the supporters' list too - can someone put me back? Ta.
11/03/2013 at 22:02

i am so nervous about this race.  I was doing well with training but got sick and ended up missing almost 4 weeks training.  I am scared i wont finish and if i do i will miss the medals (anyone know what time you need to finish by to still get a medal?) 

11/03/2013 at 22:21
How far have you got to with your training? You still have 4 weeks to get back on track.
Or if things are too bad you can always defer and give it a proper go next year.
181 to 200 of 564 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.