london marathon 2013 accommodation advice

london accommodations

6 messages
07/10/2012 at 21:30

Hi

I'm attempting my first marathon!! And after some advice on reasonably priced accommodation for the Saturday

I saw some mention of a Greenwich school B&B - does anyone know about this or have any other suggestions

Thanks

08/10/2012 at 07:38

Carly, these people open their homes to runners and apparently they are very good and very reasonable, last year the contact was a lady called Julie, 07754087446, hope this helps and have a great time

12/10/2012 at 20:44

Hi Carly, we have stayed with the parents of this school 2 years running and can highly recommend them.  The school is All Saints on Blackheath and the main contact is Phillippa Keogh who can be contacted on /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gifhillippa@thekirks.info]phillippa@thekirks.info  .  If you mail Phillippa she will put you on a list and contact you nearer the time to allocate you a family.  The cost for the past 2 years has been £40 b&b and £50 dinner, b&b per person.  The dinner is at the quaint school hall which overlooks one of the start points of the VLM (quite daunting to see the night before) and includes 5 x homemade pasta dishes along with several salads, desserts and drinks of your choice (alcoholic for non-runners).  I do remember the first year that we stayed with them I woke up to hear to overhead helicopter reporting from the startline not 100m away and not having to stress about how we were getting to the start.

It really is a great way to experience the VLM, please do include the meal the evening before to make it truely memorable.

Liz

30/10/2012 at 21:39

hi

thanks for the advice - I can't seem to get the contact link to work though.. any ideas?

31/10/2012 at 15:48

Hi Carly I got through to Phillippa on this email address.  They are making the list and will set places in the new year.  I got jittery and booked a hotel!

phillippa@thekirks.info

31/10/2012 at 16:30

Thanks Gaz, you beat me to it.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.