LONDON Marathon Blue start 5:14 group

Thanks to Jules from runners world

9 messages
23/04/2012 at 14:56

HI Jules  and all the blue start 5:14 group

sorry I missed you at the end... I was about 48 seconds behind you and just couldn't sprint that last mile to keep up with you

Well done to Sue, Monica  and all the group for helping get me me around and a HUGE thanks to Jules the Ruinners World Pace setter you were AMAZING

best wishes

Chippers

23/04/2012 at 15:02

YES Chippers! So glad to hear you made it across OK, I spent the last 800 metres falling over myself looking backwards for you. We crossed in 5:13:45 so 15 seconds too fast, but I think that is acceptable. Lovely to have met you all, great day out!

J

cougie    pirate
23/04/2012 at 16:30
Top pacing jules. How the hell you did it carrying that bloody leaden lollipop is beyond me. I really don't think they could have made it heavier if theyd tried !!
23/04/2012 at 18:56
Haha! Let's just say my wrists and neck were a bit stiff this morning...But well worth it, had a great group!
24/04/2012 at 12:13
Thanks so much. I followed the group pretty much all of the way. I'm not sure I could have kept track of the pace myself and am hugely grateful for your help. I still can't believe how big the sign was and that you carried it all the way around!
24/04/2012 at 12:40
Hi all, I "followed" you for a while.Your spirit and laughing really cheered me up! So thank you!
24/04/2012 at 21:49

It was great Jules holding that lollipop;  I still got my PB thanks to you Jules!!

Edited: 24/04/2012 at 21:50
seren nos    pirate
24/04/2012 at 22:23
Katy...was it you than ran the last 1.5 miles to the finish with....if so you finished really strong...

I ran with the group for a few miles from about mile 19. A great group. Well done all.
Top pacing jules
25/04/2012 at 14:55
Hi there Seren,

I think it was, it was a great finish. Very emotional. Thanks for your help at the end and the chat, it took my mind off of a lot of aches! It was such an amazing day, I'll never forget it!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.