London marathon-chest infection

Chest infection

2 messages
17/02/2013 at 20:13
Hi Training up to 16 mile before holiday 3 weeks ago. Was Doing 40 mile per week. Come back and did 30 mile last week and now developed a chest infection . How long will it take me to get back to 16 mile distance. Is 9 weeks long enough to train if I can shrug it off quickly?
27/02/2013 at 18:10
Hiya, I've just recovered from a chest infection which turned into pneumonia - so no running for 16 days (was really quite ill)

I'm also marathon training, my longest run before I got ill was 16.5 miles and was running the same weekly mileage as you.

After the all clear from my gp I did my first run Monday 6 miles which felt good so went out yesterday and did my LSR and managed 15 miles, I actually could have gone further but didn't want to push it. Amazingly I felt great, no lack of fitness or stamina, breathing all good!

So please don't worry,( I was panicking big time about not running) rest up and get better you will be surprised how quickly you can bounce back.

Katy

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.