London Marathon help!

Not sure if I have done enough training ????

21 to 24 of 24 messages
23/04/2013 at 14:18

Hi allI managed to finish at a time of 4 hours 34 mins in the end.

I'm happy with the time as it was my first marathon and only trained up to 13.2 miles in the 8 halfs I did since December but realised I should have definatley trained up to 18-20miles upwards. Mile 22 was when I hit the wall. I'm going to apply for another Marathon soon but have definatley learnt my lesson and will be putting more longer runs for the next one.

cougie    pirate
23/04/2013 at 14:56
That's a good time considering how crap your training was.
You'll smash it when you train properly. Well done on finishing.
23/04/2013 at 15:00

Haha! thanks Cougie! yep learnt my lesson well and truly

25/04/2013 at 09:49

I was similar.  Was my first marathon for 6 years and as ever had to walk a bit.  Longest training run was about 13 miles and made it to 16 miles before had to take an emergency toilet stop (possibly due to taking on my first ever gel at 14 miles).  Ended up doing a run/shuffle/walk from then on and finished in 4.37 which is actually my worst time yet.  Doing Edinburgh next months so planning to get a bit more running in the legs before then but not easy working weekends and with kids knocking about when I would otherwise be free to run!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 24 of 24 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.