London Marathon: Should I do a final 20 mile run this weekend?

21 to 26 of 26 messages
05/04/2012 at 23:09
Stephen, pmsl!!

Mick cheek!! if i didnt admire you so much i would come and thump you

PSC, i know now that is probably what would happen to me lol, so accident prone, someone once said did i fancy a skiing holiday, is said no, knowing me i 'd probably fall of the chair lift and break a leg on the first day lol
05/04/2012 at 23:21

PMSL?

Hannah, I would get that seen to.

My mum had the same problem.

Luckly she was more into swimming.

Not judging.

Just saying. Its the kids that suffer

06/04/2012 at 11:06

Hannahsmum

i have mail RW mailed u

Publicly

I am sorry to have caused you any upset of offence, i would never intentionally upset or offend anyone

So to RW towers And yourself - my apologies

I only  meant as a light hearted bit of fun -

bless u

Mick xx

06/04/2012 at 11:13
PSC - I've got got 18 scheduled for this weekend too, hopefully it will feel easier than last weeks long one.  I follow a RW schedule and that always has 18 2 weeks out.
09/04/2012 at 12:05
Stephen E Forde wrote (see)

Has anyone  pointed out yet that Hilary could just do a marathon in under 4 hours?

Thats rather impressive for a first timer

If you really give it a bit of welly and do it  under 3:50 I will give you a little cheer.

Like this;

Yeah!

Thanks Stephen, I'm getting really excited now.

I ended up doing a 16 mile run yesterday but I have a twinge in my groin!! Really bad timing. I'm planning to rest it for a couple of days and am seeing the physio on Thursday. I would love to get sub 4 hours so these next two weeks are crucial!! Any advice on muscle twinges??

ADG
09/04/2012 at 20:08
I've just done a tough 16 miler, half up hill half down, I'll just do a few 3-4 milers and a couple of 8 milers on the flat, and nothing in the last 3 days.
ADG

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.