London Marathon Tshirts?

A Waste of time unless you're average size

21 to 40 of 63 messages
14/04/2008 at 20:17
6'1 and 15 stone mine fitted perfectly
LIVERBIRD    pirate
14/04/2008 at 20:32

This is a problem across the races not just FLM. I had a similar moan at Liverpool half, where they only had L and XL left. I took L and it was RIDICULOUSLY big. I'm 5'7 and a size 14 top because I have boobs, but no way could I wear it. I felt cheated. I actually would rather have a t-shirt than a medal. Wearing your medal after the race makes you look a tit, but a t-shirt (especially a tech tee) would be useful.

Even worse than that, some smart-mouthed git suggested if I run faster, I might get a t-shirt that fits!

I should have gone with my instincts and smacked him in the gob.....

14/04/2008 at 21:54

I'm 5'5" and a size 10 and I'm happy with mine. Last year's was massive, this year's is much better. I'd rather have it black again, but unless you knew what the shirt looked like last year, it wasn't immediately obvious what it was.

This year, people could at least tell why I was walking around London today looking like I'd done something in my pants

Monique    pirate
15/04/2008 at 07:52

They must have been of various random sizes, mine swamps me (5'3 and size 8) however I have an overlocker and the sleeves have been put in flat so I can run it in.  Normally I ive them away to my primary teacher friend for school painting tops, but as it's wicking fabric and white (good for dark nights0) I will alter it.

I like the plainess of it- the cringeworthy slogans of the past years make them unwearable for other reasons.

15/04/2008 at 09:27
Way too big for me - im 5 ft 4 and a size 6-8.  It looks like a dress on me!
15/04/2008 at 10:09

Agree with Kirsty G-

it makes a fab dress- tie little nots in both sides and it look kinda funky

15/04/2008 at 10:55

As a recipient of previous cotton tees covered in Flora slogans, I must say I am delighted with this year's tee shirt.

It is fab, excellent, ace.

If you don't like your's please send it to me

15/04/2008 at 11:35
I didn't look in my bag until i was back on Horse Guards parade and I was buggered if I was walking back for a shirt at that point.
15/04/2008 at 11:39

What are some of ya moaning about!! LOL

The shirt is superb and is technical and be run/trained in BUT i gave mine to my GF and she looks super-hot in it!!

I got a normal t-shirt in Newcastle GnR last year and it was garbage - supposed to be medium but more like small BUT so what...I love the fact that you can give it to a loved one to train in (Keep it/frame it with ya medal etc etc...

I loved the technical material - i work in a london running shop and we'd charge 20 quid for that quality - it's too baggy for me buty i am still gonna wear it!! LOL

15/04/2008 at 11:43
 I agree with many other posts on here, if other races can provide different sizes why can't London? I have 3 very nice fitting shirts from the Great South run, which I don't feel like an idiot wearing. I could wear this year's FLM shirt as a fetching tennis dress....
15/04/2008 at 12:02

Just wondering what proportion of finishers were happy with the size of their t-shirt.

I'd swap all the useless rubbish in the goody bag (medal,moronic packaging,horrible bars) for a t-shirt that fits or a money-off voucher to buy something you actually need and will use.

Or maybe pay extra and have the money go to charity rater than contribute to all the wasteful rubbish you're given and end up throwing away.

Rant over. 

15/04/2008 at 12:10
6ft 1' 14st , perfect fit and great shirt............
ImRio    pirate
15/04/2008 at 12:13

I am 5'4 and size 10 and mine fits me fine.

Better than last years and it is great that they are finally doing them on wicking material rather than on the cotton that they used to use!

15/04/2008 at 12:14

I liked mine.  I like the fabric and it fits.

5ft 2 and fat as a house.

ImRio    pirate
15/04/2008 at 12:18
Mouse you are not the size of a house!
15/04/2008 at 12:25
...i loved the t-shirt!! If ya don't like it - i'll have it or sell it on ebay and give the cash to charity- everyone's happy!!
15/04/2008 at 12:44

Blimey - we all ran 26.2 miles - are you seriously worried about the fitting of a t-shirt?!

Mine is fine and I am 5ft 6 and built like a whale - but I wouldn't care if it was dayglo pink with green spots and a size zero I would be chuffed with it.  I earnt it and will wear it with pride

Plus - you cannot please everyone - obviously!! 

16/04/2008 at 14:50
Guys - I phoned the marathon office 02079020200 as I didn't get one in my goody bag and they've promised to send me one. Buggered if I'm going to pay 16 pounds for one on ebay!
16/04/2008 at 15:30

I think its a bit dissapointing to be honest. The t-shirt works both ways - for us to wear them and be proud of our achievement, and to also publicise the event when we are roaming our loaclities. No-one wins by them just handing out ill-fitting one-size t-shirts that only a small fraction of people can wear. Mine comes down to my knees and wont be worn which is a bit of a shame and a waste really.

As Leeds the small but perfectly organised Liversedge Half (c. 200 runners) can get it right - why cant the massive giant that is FLM?

ImRio    pirate
16/04/2008 at 15:35
Precisely because of the numbers involved Mary.
21 to 40 of 63 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.