losing garmin signal at VLM??

21 to 26 of 26 messages
18/04/2013 at 18:22
Jamie Bannister wrote (see)

I work in Canary Wharf so do some lunchtime runs around there and my Garmin often tells me I'm running 4 minute miles towards the start of my run - are you guys telling me this may not be the case?

Are you related to Roger?

Edited: 18/04/2013 at 18:23
18/04/2013 at 18:51

Haha.....I didn't do that on purpose. Sadly not related (well not directly), but I do have a signed photo of him crossing the line at Oxford that my girlfriend sent to him to sign for me.

18/04/2013 at 19:27
Thanks all for advice. I have printed out a time band and turned off auto pause feature on garmin. I never use the laps feature on watch tho and to be honest not goin to get chance to try out. My auto lap feature is set to miles on watch. Do I just need to press laps button as I go by each mile marker and how will this adjust the watch timing. Thanks again
18/04/2013 at 19:33
Sorry peeps I have just re read the posts and it does seem a lot clearer now what I need to do. Think il go walk out a few miles and test it out. Cheers and good luck to anyone running
18/04/2013 at 19:36

It is likely that the garmin autolap will go off a little earlier than the mile marker as things progress. If you have the time band, and the time on your watch, you are ready to go - check time on watch and check against time band split. Use current lap pace to give you your current pace if you need to know how fast you are running.

Just treat average pace for the race with caution if you are concerned about the seconds.

18/04/2013 at 20:36

Good luck mate.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 26 of 26 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.