Lucozade Sport Super Six: Sue C (3:15)

Follow Sue C as she embarks on her 3:15 FLM campaign (Mentor: Liz Yelling)

1 to 20 of 1,901 messages
22/12/2008 at 17:24

Introducing the second member of our Lucozade Sport Super Six… Sue (aka Sue C).

After being disappointed with her pace judgement at last year’s Flora London Marathon (3:30), Sue’s more determined than ever to run a sub-3:15 marathon next year.

Sue will be using our sub-3:15 Garmin-ready schedule (devised by former London Marathon winner Mike Gratton) as a basis for her training and will be mentored by Liz Yelling directly on this thread (starting January 5).

She’ll be posting her training progress on a regular basis, and feedback the fuel and hydration advice given to her by the team at Lucozade Sport so make sure you check back regularly to find out how she gets on.

You can read more about Sue's running background and goals by clicking on the article link at the top of the thread.

Good luck Sue!

Edited: 22/12/2008 at 17:35
22/12/2008 at 17:37

Yay!  Congratulations Sue.

All the very, very best for the next 18 weeks.  It's going to be fun!

22/12/2008 at 17:56

Congrats Sue!

As a former winner of this prize (Great North Run) I know how great the support and team are and helped me push on to the next level (not a great level - just the next one I should point out!). I'll be cheering you on!! 

All the best for the new year and your training! *shiver*

22/12/2008 at 18:09

Hooray!

22/12/2008 at 18:12

Woo hoo!

Couldn't be more deserved and I can't wait to see the results and hear about the training.

22/12/2008 at 18:40

Hail Hail

Congratulation SueC.  But from now on, given the fact that you have some top class coaches, and a load of free stuff, I'm going to start charging you for shoe advice!  Or I'll have your 405 on April 27th instead.  Your choice!

22/12/2008 at 19:03

Thankyou everyone. How exciting!

RunningBhoy - but I can at least ask you about shoe colours and other important stuff, I didn't dare ask the Adidas guy any of that ,I just tried to look extremely knowledgable and serious

Njord - ta, how's the training going your end?

Saintjason - you doing FLM? Thankyou anyway.

22/12/2008 at 19:13
Congrats Sue, look fwd to (continuing to) learn from you over on sub 3.15. Top stuff being coached by a real Olympian (although I've always liked Liz's sis-in-law - one gutsy runner!)
Ttfn
Jezza
22/12/2008 at 19:22

Great news Sue!

Best of luck with your sub 3.15 quest.

I'll be watching avidly.

Mark.

22/12/2008 at 19:40

Congratulations, Sue! Having chatted to you on the Hard Training Thread last year, I'm sure you'll more than meet your goal.  Looking forward to following the thread with interest, and hope that your  determination and effervescent enthusiasm will get me out of the door during the cold January evenings to come, as your goals are similar to mine.

Edited: 22/12/2008 at 20:02
22/12/2008 at 19:46
Great news Sue, we'll all be rooting for you. Plus you will have all those whippets at Rothwell to take you out of your comfort zone!

I knew this would flush Mr Harris out, Hi Mark - make sure there's no slacking from the lady {O:
22/12/2008 at 19:49

Will do Wardi !

Maybe she needs to start training with Carmen Mirandas hubby ??

Blisters    pirate
22/12/2008 at 20:33

Well done Sue C. You deserve to go and nail that 3:15. In fact, I'm going to bet that you annihilate it. Here's my proposal. Aim to do the best you can and then see what your training and prep races produce.

Wardi watch your back mate: although I'm tipping you for a 4 minute PB and giving me a pasting.

22/12/2008 at 20:39

Sue - my training has been deliberately unstructured since the Abingdon marathon in October.  Needed a break from marathon schedules.  Cue lots of social running and lots of club racing including cross-country which I now love and hate in equally large measures.  Pfitzinger and Douglas 18 week plan started today for FLM (one day I'll try something different!).  And I've started as I mean to go on by tinkering with the schedule and got this week's LSR out of the way while the weather was good.

Don't be doing too much 'knowledgable and serious' stuff mind, or we'll send DFC over!

TR
22/12/2008 at 21:14

Nice one SueC - I watched your video*, and was pleased to hear you talking about throwing Kitchen Sinks.

Just make sure that you keep getting all the key phrases in, your coach will need to learn about "Daley Moments", "PJs", "Alfrescos", "scoobies" and when you should and shouldnt be getting your "NADS" out. 

* you're a bit of a hot chick too - you didnt tell us that.

22/12/2008 at 21:44

Congratulations!

As a 3:30 hopeful I'll be watching from afar but hoping for inspiration. Looks like you've a really memorable time ahead, and thanks for being prepared to share it with us.

22/12/2008 at 21:47

Njord - as long as he doesn't bring the brown tights then he is welcome any time! I ran my first XC race on Saturday btw, loved it but I can see what you mean about equally hating it too! Was pleased with first lady home for our club and 12th lady overall, needed a confidence boost/decent no pressure race. DFC won the race outright, don't think he has mentioned that on the sub3. All the best for FLM!

TR - oh s*d off! You missed 'keep on keeping on'

Blisters - the sub 3.15 seems to have been picked up on but I prefer your plan and was hoping to do just exactly what you imply - the best I can, the result will take care of itself.

mark - thanks for that and for your vote, as stated above not sure about the sub 3.15 but looking forward to the experience ahead immensely anyway. I'll stick to training with Carmen rather than her other half thanks!

Wardi - thanks for your continued support, no doubt our paths will cross oop north as training progresses.

Susie - Good to hear from you! Wondered what happened to you. Did you do FLM08 (or other marathon) Hope you are ok - look forward to sharing the training.

Jezza - good luck for the sub3

22/12/2008 at 21:49

Oops - hi joddly and good luck. Don't watch from afar, join in the party - the Lucozade is good

22/12/2008 at 21:57

Hi Sue

I'm another previous Super Sixer and an FLM virgin for 2009. Having never run the distance I'm hoping for sub 3.30, although my current PBs at other distances indicate I could go faster (maybe on the second one....)

I'm looking forward to reading your training blog and hoping all six of you will keep me inspired along the way.

22/12/2008 at 22:00

hi fellow super 6

all the best sue

c u soon

nigel

1 to 20 of 1,901 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.