Madrid, Rome or any other recommendations for the Spring

Spring European Marathon

6 messages
02/10/2012 at 10:45

A group of friends are looking for an interesting european marathon in the Spring as a good excuse to get away.  So far, Madrid and Rome are looking popular, although I'd probably prefer something a little flatter - Any recommendations?

03/10/2012 at 08:26
Hi Alli me and a friend are doing Rome in march. If your looking at doing Rome decide quickly as there is a six nations rugby match the same weekend in Rome so cheapish accom is running out fast. But the idea of running in the eternal city is so appealing.
13/10/2012 at 09:54

What about Copenhagen (19 May) or Stockholm (1 June)? I've signed up for Stockholm next year - not done either race before but both seem to get very good reviews and if like me you don't like running in heat they are a better option than southern Europe. No cobblestones either as in Rome!

13/10/2012 at 16:45
Does anyone have a list of marathons with their total elevation change? I signed up for Rome because I thought it was pretty flat, but it seems not?
14/10/2012 at 20:18
I'm doing Barcelona in march, think that's flat more or less
16/10/2012 at 22:26

Yes Barcelona is a pretty flat.  Comfortable temperature too. City scenic!

I'd like to do it again - it is a lovely place. 

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.