Mainz Marathon 2014

Anyone ran here before?

6 messages
14/05/2013 at 11:31

Thinking about targetting Mainz Marathon in May 2014 - has anyone any experience of it before?

It will be a nostalgic trip for my (non-running) wife who lived in Mainz for a year during our university days (and for me to an extent, as I visited there three times in that year).  So, on that basis, it will be a much easier sell than normal for me to get a "marathon holiday" next year...  

http://www.mainz.de/WGAPublisher/online/html/default/hthn-7qfbdx

That is, if I don't get into London 2014 through the ballot as I'll be too late with the GFA entry (if I manage to get within the time at the Loch Ness Marathon in September 2013 that is...).

14/05/2013 at 12:09

How could I have missed this one?! It looks great.

I've not done it -but would be very interested to hear what your report is. Normally german races are superbly organised and a fantastic atmosphere so i'd expect that

30/09/2013 at 10:57

Hi Calum.

I am looking to do this one as my wife has a brother who lives there. The online regustration appears to be open, but am struggling as it seems to need a "bank code" from a German account.

Wondering how you are getting around this.

09/10/2013 at 15:34

I was a student there and also interested in combining Memory Lane with a stunning marathon - but I can't seem to get around the payment system either. Any suggestions?

11/10/2013 at 16:50

I had a look too - maybe email them and ask them if  you can do a transfer to their bank account?  I notice there's a Facebook page - you could ask there.  I was looking at the Freiburg marathon which is on April 7th - I studied there!  I went to Mainz a few times as well.  Nice and easy to get to from Frankfurt airport!

30/11/2013 at 06:48

Update.

I have entered with the help of a German friend kindly letting me use their bank account details.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.