manchester marathon 2015

are you planning running or have run this marathon, tell your experiences

521 to 522 of 522 messages
27/11/2014 at 21:14

Hi tmbrntt and rich! 

I'm in the process of plugging the P&D upto 55 plan into my marathon spreadsheet. I'm more excited than I should be. No running for me today, or yesterday for that matter. I had a day out in London that ended very late. Can I count ice-skating as cross training?  

I'm also enjoying strava, I can see the segments functions becoming addictive. 

Yesterday at 20:48

Went out for my second run this week. Once again managed to lasso my trailing foot with my laces and go over. I now have two grazes - one on each knee and a sore hip. I need to make my bows alot smaller to avoid this.

I finished my warmup still in a bit of pain but carried on. Weather was cold and a bit windy but managed to get in 7m before work. Last couple of miles were steady which was @7:30-7:20m/m pace then slow half mile warm down.
Parkrun tomorrow. Will do a decent warm up.

AlanB well done on 2nd in the Hill Climb.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
521 to 522 of 522 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.