Manchester marathon

2 messages
22/03/2012 at 16:53
I am so excited about the Manchester marathon! It is my first marathon at the grand age of 45. I am following the beginners plan on the website. I did 19.2 today and plan 21 for 2 weeks time. A friend suggested doing 21 then an extra 5.2 is less daunting on the day. Does anyone have any tips about this marathon? Good luck to all those entering
23/03/2012 at 16:04

Firstly - WELL DONE

I ran two marathons last year and I am running two this year - one being M/CR marathon      

I have ran a maximum of 22 miles in training for each marathon and have been absolutely fine on the day for the previous two and Im sure I will be fine for M/CR.   The crowd will push you for the last 4.2 miles anyway.

Im sure you will have a fantastic day and dont set off too fast - keep to your own pace.

M/CR marathon was last held 10 years ago so dont really have any tips!!

Have a fab day and I am sure this will be the 1st of many marathons you enter - it does get addictive!!!!!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
2 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.