Marathon du Medoc

All things wine

9 messages
01/02/2013 at 10:02

Anyone know when registration opens for the Marathon du Medoc? It says on the website February, but it's not open yet... i just don't want to miss it, as i know the places fill up quickly!

Anyone else planning on entering for 2013 or any tips on what packages to get -- is it best to book entry and hotel together or go 'off-piste' (so to speak) for accommodation?

Thanks!

01/02/2013 at 10:03

Arg - i've just posted this in the wrong forum -- i'm new to this and not sure how to change this --- sorry all!

01/02/2013 at 10:06

Hi K-Dawg - I did it last year and started a thread about it so there's lots of different options listed on there.

If I remember correctly it was mid-late February and places were open until April time I think. I had such a great time and had a really fantastic weekend (but it was really hot!).

Make sure you get into the mood of it and dress up

10/02/2013 at 15:43

Hi

I am entering, registration opens in second half of Feb according to email I recieved. Guesss you should try the website each day.

Where you from and where you staying?

Mike

14/02/2013 at 10:55

Hi both -- thanks for the link to the previous thread Emmy -- some great tips!

Will definitely be dressing up!

Mike  - myself and my friend Vicci are from Jersey and we haven't made accomodation plans yet (which is probably a slight fail, but we do want to know we'll get places in the marathon first!)... It looks great fun. How about yourself?

K

20/02/2013 at 10:35

PS - entries are open

20/02/2013 at 10:47

We are in K-Dawg!!  whoop whoop!! 

21/02/2013 at 12:32

I'm going back for a third time.  Love this event to bits.

04/03/2013 at 14:15

YEY! Woop! We're in too -- camping at Les Ourmes http://www.lesourmes.com/ for a truly 'rounded' experience! Hehe

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
9 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.