Milton Keynes Marathon

81 to 100 of 182 messages
29/04/2013 at 22:56

i signed up last monday, and my race pack arrived on the thursday, 

29/04/2013 at 22:57

where to park? i was just looking myself, over the road from the stadium is an industrial estate, surly loads of places to park in there, only 3000 people have entered, the stadium car parks alone should cope with that small number no? i doubt it will be hard to get parking around the area.

30/04/2013 at 07:19

Cheers Mark for both bits of info. Weather looking good for it at the moment

V4D
30/04/2013 at 07:34

Hi all

Parking at Mount Farm industrial estate is good and it's opposite the stadium, no more than 5 minutes walk. We're local and always park there instead of at the Stadium (it's free for a start )

30/04/2013 at 09:03
brer rabbit wrote (see)

Cheers Mark for both bits of info. Weather looking good for it at the moment

i hope its not TOO nice, a clear day is fine but cooler temps and a bit of drizzle would be great running weather, not so much for the spectators, but a hot day ..no thanks

30/04/2013 at 12:01

Hello All,

I've signed up for the MK marathon next monday. I was due to race Manchester this past Sunday, but couldn't make it up due to personal reasons, so this is a bit of a last minute entry for me. But a marathon is a marathon, right?

I entered on Sunday night, so hopefully I'll get my race pack in time. The cut off for entries is 10pm tonight, so I guess the organisers must be fairly confident they can get packs out to late-comers on time.

It's relatively flat from what I can gather. Has anyone run this before? It is only the second year I believe. Is the route the same as last year? What's the support like?

I'll be training up to Bletchley on the morning of the race, so hopefully can get a cab to the stadium.

30/04/2013 at 14:44

Hi AG

I've not run it before, but from what I know there is a little bit more road mileage this time before you hit the Redways (cycle paths). This will allow the field to thin out in time as the redways are narrow. Relatively flat but with a smattering of underpasses . Last years was the first year and was run in torrential rain - cross your fingers for an overcast day and plenty of support 

Legs are willing but not yet fired up for this - I bought the place incase of problems before vlm. Still, I can't think of anything better for bank holiday monday.

30/04/2013 at 15:20

Ah, ok, cool, hadn't occured to me that the redways would be narrower than the roads, but of course they're bound to be. Hopefully it'll be typical bank holiday weather

30/04/2013 at 17:36

I'm looking forward to this next week as the final installment of my 3 sub 3 in 3 weeks attempt after VLM and Manchester.  It'll be nice to finish in the stadium and that middle section by  the lake might be scenic.

I'll also be getting the (very early!) train up to Bletchley from London.  It looks like a mile and a half to the stadium so was just going to use the jog over there as a warm-up.

Edited: 30/04/2013 at 17:40
30/04/2013 at 20:33

V4D-brilliant bit of local info there, cheers. Willtry and get a postcode for ye old Sat nav as I have never been to Milton Keynes before..hope it's nice

Agent Ginger, I signed up Sunday night too, got pack today-very impressed with efficiency.

Ha, so the VLM recovery run starts here then for Brer,Ally of not enough Hills and Also Ran. Shall we just hobble about at the back?

Strangely enough, looking forward to this as a no pressure event. Got my GFA for London 2014 at VLM so just treating this one as a 'nice day out!

30/04/2013 at 21:33

A hat trick of sub 3's Ally - that sounds like a good challenge - nice of Milton Keynes to give you an extra restday for this final run - luxury.

Brer - yes, nice to have one that is going to be relaxed, with no pressure. Just crossing my fingers that we get the weather to match.

30/04/2013 at 21:49

Green 1162 hoping  for sub 5h... Fingers crossed... 

agree about it seeming to be a bit narrow, but it's not going to be an issue for me, as I'll be at the back.

30/04/2013 at 23:40

do you still have pink hair booktrunk? if so i'll come say hi if i see you, its a pretty small field, cant be that hard to spot.

30/04/2013 at 23:43

I'll have pale violet hair

pink ronhill top, and ronhill purple n pink shorts.

Green 1162 number with my name Stephanie on it

01/05/2013 at 09:33

i saw your number on the MKMarathon Facebook page, you posted on the wall (I was looking for some answers about parking)

I'm wearing a full Ron Hill Patriot gear too, i'll keep an eye out for you. also in the green pen , but then i think everyone not an elite is.

01/05/2013 at 22:08

Hey, I'll look out for you booktrunk..I reckon I can spot the hair!

02/05/2013 at 07:43

last run done this morning, steady 4 miler, rest now until Monday hope everyone else ok, really looking forward to it now, just hope it does not get too hot

02/05/2013 at 10:52

Hi all - feeling slightly apprehensive as I have a cold that is turning into a chesty cough.. I have not been ill at all all winter and great luck, I am catching a bug just before the marathon... .

Training has been going so well, I thought I was read.... I have been out for an easy 8 miler this morning, my legs are certainly ready for the distance but i feel light headed...

wish me luck..

02/05/2013 at 10:57
Hi all

Entered this after having to pull out after 15 miles in London, Just had one of those days. The weather looks like its going to be hot, does anyone know if there are many shaded areas on this course. Sun doesn't like big bald guys like me.
02/05/2013 at 14:40

I signed up for MK after training for my first marathon in New York last year and it getting cancelled. I wanted an oficial time other than the 26.2 i did round central park on my own to feel like i earnt the money raised: http://www.endomondo.com/workouts/104870153/299385

Hoping i can do sub 4Hr's...Good luck everyone taking part!!

81 to 100 of 182 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.