Mudchute Support Group 3

with the delectable duo, Maddy and Sweetest Thing

41 to 59 of 59 messages
11/04/2014 at 09:19

Morning isn't really practical Cake as I'm coming from Norfolk and I didn't want to then be stuck in London all day with nothing to do!  From what I can gather this year a lot of the freebies seem to be gels and stuff, which I don't use anyway

Forgot I need to post a picture, although my running vest also has my name on it now in sparkly white letters!

http://s3.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/546545/gallery/vlm14.jpg?width=350

See you Sunday everyone!!

11/04/2014 at 11:32

Tickets bought - I get into Victoria at 7.30 then however long it takes me to get to mudchute

11/04/2014 at 19:57

Hi - crashing in from Support Group 5 -  Redhead would like to check that her parcel was collected from the Expo - Guiness Record might depend on it!  As Sweetest Thing was doing the honours today wondered if she has picked it up - blue plactic with Redhead's name and Group No. on it.  Many thanks.

12/04/2014 at 08:06
There was nothing waiting for me at Expo yesterday - staff on RW stand seemed a bit unaware of things, tbh. Who is on pick up duty today?
12/04/2014 at 09:21

Someone is going in at lunch time - I think it was Mr Frog.  I will be there last thing and will hang around while they are packing up, so if the staff find anything that someone else might have squirreled away then I will nab it.  Don't worry, everything will get to Mudchute and if it doesn't then we can buy replacements.  I also have some spare gels left over from last year that people can have if they need them

12/04/2014 at 09:31

Thanks - in Redhead's case it was balls of yarn - which will be a bit hard to get short notice, but I'm sure we'll get them to her.

12/04/2014 at 09:34
Hi all, heading into expo shortly and meeting Mrs Cake there hopefully. If anything needs picking up, can drop at Muddie on way to start. Will check this when we get there....
12/04/2014 at 09:37

If she is not fussy about type of yarn or length then I could probably find a couple of balls kicking around at home

12/04/2014 at 09:43

Hello - late to the party I know - but if you are likely to be short of supporters I can be there, and it's an easy walk for me so I can bring stuff along if needed?

12/04/2014 at 09:50

Louise, we can never have enough supporters.  Any chance you can bring along a knife or two for cutting up oranges and bananas?  If you can't then don't worry as I can bring some down, but I'm always a little cautious about bringing sharp things on the train

12/04/2014 at 09:53

SC, I will bring knives, no problem. 

12/04/2014 at 09:54

And Fizz

12/04/2014 at 12:17

Just thought what are we using to attach the numbers

12/04/2014 at 13:51

I dropped a box there yesterday with some food in it for me ST.  You obviously weren't there and the girls on the RW stand didn't really know what was going on.   Maddie/SuperCaz/Foxy Lady et al.  I have crohns disease and can't eat the normal sort of food/gels/drinks.  There should be a Carte D'or ie cream tub with a couple of bananas, some medijool dates and some salted peanuts in it.  If for any reason they're not there could you possibly get some for me.  I can only eat spotty bananas so don't worry if you can't find them but some dates (medijool if poss) and a small bag of salted peanuts should see me through the last few miles.  I'll take a few quid with me to pay you for it.  Thanks.   

Slightly panicking because the first girl I spoke to on the RW stand didn't know anything about the supporters group so I looked around to see if you were somewhere else.  I couldn't find you so went back to RW and the next girl said the place to leave stuff was with them 

12/04/2014 at 15:20
SL, don't panic! Someone is going today to pick up all the stuff left there at the RW stand. Your goodies will be there for you. I was at the stand before 1 yesterday so fairly early and probably before you?
13/04/2014 at 19:56

I don't believe it - I missed you all.  I must have run straight past you all.  I had some dates in my bag and had to eat some jelly babies and wine gums but didn't dare touch  the jaffa cakes 

14/04/2014 at 09:45

Thank you to all the runners and supporters for making Mudchute the success that it is.  We couldn't do it without all of you.  Maybe we will get to see some of you on the other side of the fence next year?

14/04/2014 at 18:40

Jaffa Cakes and jelly babies Sunluvva we were giving those out 

Britrisky    pirate
14/04/2014 at 19:12

I'm afraid I didn't see you yesterday - I couldn't remember where to look ... I remember passing the mud chute station, but, well, it was so busy and I was really tired...

... thanks for your time, in any case!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 59 of 59 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.