Mudchute Support Group 5

with Jungle Dave and Bear B. Hind

101 to 106 of 106 messages
14/04/2014 at 20:09

Hi gang

Yesterday went great for me.  Had a chance meeting with SRA in the pen before the start - the full-on purple-ness gave you away.  Glad you had fun yesterday and hope the gin did the trick last night !

Then I saw Redhead briefly around the 6 mile mark.  You looked in top form and I am in awe of your World Record.

This was topped by the sparkly number 5 at Mudchute and the hugs I got from BBH.

My race pace was spot on -  2:22 for the first half, 2:21 for the second = home on 4:43 and a PB by some 28 minutes !

Feeling sunburnt, sore quads and a permanent silly smile.

Thanks everyone for your support

14/04/2014 at 20:29

Many thanks for collecting and looking after my stuff. It was really appreciated!

15/04/2014 at 08:48

Snapdragon, well done you on such a massive pb on a hot day! Thanks for saying hello

Supercaz, I'm so sorry and you are quite correct in that I was dazed and confused by the time I got to Mudchute! 'Bewildered' is my middle name. Thank you for your support.

15/04/2014 at 09:11

You're welcome everyone - it was a great day for me too.  I wish you all a speedy recovery.

15/04/2014 at 14:00

Thanks SO much everyone!! I had an EPIC birthday weekend at the marathon PB with 4h45 (taken a good 9mins off my previous) and was really spurred on by my hugs BBH thanks so much for all your hard work! Redhead -- brilliant work on the record - glad i spotted you on my way round was definitely feeling the London love for minne on Sun! YEY!

Big love xx

15/04/2014 at 18:37

Forgot to say - lovely to meet snapdragon and Redhead also.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
101 to 106 of 106 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.