My #asics262 journey to Paris: Sub-3:30 Malcolm

Target 26.2 - 2014

21 to 40 of 3,579 messages
11/12/2013 at 22:07

Twitter - @MalcBarbour

Reg - good point about twitter, details above if you want to follow. I will be using it but the forums will be my main port of call as 140 characters are nowhere near enough for the amount of waffling I do

By 200 votes you of course mean from your office co-workers after your pom pom dance I hope!

KR - thanks! I still remember watching the video of you lot from Paris 2012. Sends shivers down the spine. Can't think what it does to you!

Yes, I have every kitchen appliance ready to be lobbed at this one!

ArrowsLou - thank you, it would be great to have you along for the ride!

Edited: 11/12/2013 at 22:09
11/12/2013 at 22:42

Hi Malcs

Looking forward to keeping tabs on your progress and having a good look at your sub 3:30 training plan.

Im sure you'll achieve your goal and through this thread im hoping to pick up a few tips along the way.

11/12/2013 at 23:09

Congratulations Malcs i will enjoy following your journey over the coming months 

11/12/2013 at 23:55

Marcus - many thanks indeed. I hope we can help each other along. Maybe you can give me some tips on how to run so damn quickly!

StewartC - cheers muchly! Would be great to have you on board

12/12/2013 at 06:21

Hi Malcs, congratulations and my best wishes for your journey.

I'll follow along and hope to use your experience later on in the year, plan to go sub 3:30, but will have to wait until injury fixed...  

seren nos    pirate
12/12/2013 at 07:55

Congratulations.Have fun at the asics day.What shoes do you run in at the moment 

12/12/2013 at 08:16

Morning Malcs,

thanks for your welcome and a huge congratulations to you!  I am looking forward to picking your brains on Saturday. Be ready!

12/12/2013 at 08:23

Chimney - thank you! Sorry to hear about the injury, what's the problem and are you seeing someone about it? 

Seren - thanks very much indeed! Rather conveniently I'm using Asics Gel Nimbus. This footwear choice had nothing to do with my selection for the voting stage! How about you, what's your weapon of choice?

James - no problem at all. Looking forward to it too!

12/12/2013 at 08:26

Good morning Malcs! Wow, you're very own shiny brand new thread !

Last night was the longest period I have 'off' stalking the forum and the asics winners, due to the obligatory x'mas night out . It was a fantastic night, when I ended up walking home with christmas tree decorations on my ears and streamers around me, after being wrapped up in christmas wrapping paper!

So happy to wake up to your thread starting, you'll be my secret to getting my next PB! Go Malcs, Go!

12/12/2013 at 09:24

Congratulations once again Malcs!  Looking forward to following your thread and picking up some tips about getting that 3:30 marathon time (no pressure, but I'm pretty sure you're going to knock that out of the ball park).

12/12/2013 at 09:35

Sticky - ha Hope the hangover is not too bad!

Sounds like a very interesting night, did you fall into the Christmas tree?

Tiny Runner - many thanks! Oooh, I really hope you're right about that. I know I've got very close already but I don't really want to just scrape under 3:30. My longer term aim (hopefully not too much longer) is to get a VLM GFA time so I need to make a decent jump towards that.

12/12/2013 at 09:54

Morning Malcs!

Have tracked down your new thread ... Mwah ha ha ha! Congratulations once again!! Now do some running!!

Look forward to following your progress!

12/12/2013 at 10:37

You were an absolute superstar last year Sarah. You have set the bar so damn high I don't think anyone will ever reach it! I'll settle for just getting within sight

I'm sure you know all too well how we're all feeling. I remember wondering whether they would have to sedate you last year given how excited you were. Now I know why!

I will be very grateful for any hints and tips you can provide!

12/12/2013 at 11:15

Congratulations Malcs. You were my my only vote this year 

Edited: 12/12/2013 at 11:15
12/12/2013 at 11:18
I will be very grateful for any hints and tips you can provide!

Not to mention the loan of your pink calf guards!  It wont be the same this year if we don't see them, so Malcs should definitley borrow them!

12/12/2013 at 11:22

Xyloid - lol She already has me running in a dress at TR24 - surely that's enough humiliation but what the hell, in for a penny....

Tenjiso - Great to hear from you, how the devil are you?

Thank you so much for voting, I am honoured - that explains why we didn't see any of your traditional "my vote can be bought" messages

How is your running going? 

Edited: 12/12/2013 at 11:23
12/12/2013 at 11:45

Cheers Malcs. I'm having an awful time TBQH, hence lack of posting. Just hoping 2014 brings much better luck.  I'm still running and trying to follow P&D again, since it worked so well last year. It's difficult, though, at the moment.

I assumed you were paying the same amount for votes this year?  I'll keep an eye on the post.

12/12/2013 at 12:26

Sorry to hear that. Is it Injuries? Motivation?

Yes, usual price - assume you're still the same shoe size?

12/12/2013 at 12:41

Malcs - you're going to be brilliant!! No tips - just enjoy it!! You can do without sleep, right?

Ha ha Xyloid! There are a few of us doing TR24 this year. Will have to persuade Malcs into a pair of neon pink socks!!

12/12/2013 at 13:05
Malcs wrote (see)

Sorry to hear that. Is it Injuries? Motivation?

Trying not to dwell on things - just way too much to cope with. Running helps with de-stressing, if only temporarily.

Good luck with your training. Sam and Steve are brilliant and have been my vicarious coaches for the last couple of years  

21 to 40 of 3,579 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.