My #asics262 journey to Paris: Sub-4.30 Isabel

Target 26.2 - 2014

501 to 503 of 503 messages
Yesterday at 18:56

Hi MacFinbob!   Congrats on the 18 miles, very well done!!! It's great to have the confidence that you are almost there. hehehe, and welcome to the club of SIS caffeine boost Have you tried Torq gels?   I went to the London Marathon on Sunday morning, there was an amazing atmosphere. I first went to the London Eye (I think around mile 25) and saw Mo Farah. The crowds went crazy when he arrived!!! Also saw the leading female runners. And then I went to Monument with a friend and cheered the 3.30 and 4.00 runners. The atmosphere was amazing and people were really supportive. I am definitely entering the ballot for next year, fingers crossed!!!!   Good luck with your 20 miler this weekend and have a happy Easter!!!  

Thank you for your nice words Roger! Yes, this is just the beginning and I am already planning to run a sub 4 marathon this year!!! It has been great to have you on the team, always in good mood and with such energy!!!! Hope to see you sometime in London, have a great holidays!!!

Edited: 16/04/2014 at 18:57
Yesterday at 21:50
So you didn't stay around long enough to cheer me??? I hit my target if 4:30 and am very happy
Today at 06:53

Congrats Rachel, great running! I was also there watching and loved the event, I'm sure the crowd cheering must help in those last few miles, but it was hot which must have made it tough!

I'm off to Guernsey this weekend for their Easter festival of running, it sounds like a great event and I'm hoping all my marathon training means I'll have lots of energy for 10k and half marathon!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
501 to 503 of 503 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.