Oh the wait...

1 to 20 of 203 messages
04/09/2008 at 19:40

Is anyone else like me I feel like i'm 5 years old waiting for Santa to arrive.....the suspence is just too much!

So far this week I've been going to bed at night with a feeling of excitment that tomorrow might be 'The Day'....

I'm getting up early and then find myself sitting by the front door just waiting to see if that glossy mag will fall softly on the mat only to find that the postie walks right on by...then i'm left knowing that it is going to be another 24 hours wait!!

arghh all I want to see are the words YOUR IN!!!!

04/09/2008 at 19:42
Grammar and spelling pedants may feel otherwise but I'm rushing down to the post each day too. I bet it will arrive on the 30th!
04/09/2008 at 19:49
 Well picked up.....that's possibly because I am typing in the dark....not a good iodea I'll turn the light on & make use of the spell check button
04/09/2008 at 20:26
hello there fellow marathon hopefulls arent you all waiting a bit early you dont normally find out till mid october i belive as this is my first flora london marathon hope i get in its about a 1 in 5 chance good luck people
jel
04/09/2008 at 20:42

shouldnt you be checking your bank account not the post? (unless you bequeathed of course)

jel
04/09/2008 at 21:33
JC - apparently we're hearing this month because it's all online this year.

I'm using this forum to tell me if the results have come - I bequeathed so my bank account won't tell me, and my post doesn't come until about midday here, so I'll know on here if the mags have arrived before I'll get my post after work.

I wish they'd hurry up!
04/09/2008 at 22:26
i thort ewe got an e-mail this year if your inn i wuz gessing that it wood arrive befour the post just thought i wood do my bit for poor spelling gramma lack of capitalisation and punctuation after all english is a living language but that doesnt meen we shud all help it commit suicide!!

04/09/2008 at 23:23
Glad i'm not the only sad one, running to check the post every day. its my first year applying so i'm not holding out for much!!  would like to know though!!SOON..........!!!
05/09/2008 at 12:36

Stop running out to check the post - I've just had an email from the organisers saying the results will "revealed in the first week of October".

05/09/2008 at 12:50

To confirm the above..."The results of the 2009 Flora London Marathon ballot will be revealed in the first week of October. If you entered the ballot you will receive either an accepted or a rejected magazine."

05/09/2008 at 20:10
Last year I applied online and kept receiving emails saying the date for the results to be published, nontheless the mag arrived a couple of weeks before the promised date.
08/09/2008 at 11:38
Yes I`v read it will be the first week of October. First time applying so its pot luck and a big step if you`ve only done 10Ks as I have. Still when we do find out the anticipation will be over - and if its good news the real hard work begins!
08/09/2008 at 15:09

Even though I know I won't find out untill early october and that I find out via an accepted or rejected magazine I still can't help checking my e-mail 27 times a day just in case. Absolutely desperate to be in.

08/09/2008 at 16:09
Good Luck to you all, I read the above entries and thought that I had not heard about the later confirmation date so I checked my e-mails sent and suddenly could find no evidence of applying for LM this year, I know I did because it was my third year with no acceptance, have telephoned LM but they say they have no application and I do not bequeth so looks like I have f####d up big time, these bloody computers are a load of charlie rap, not only that but all of a sudden I am no longer Dave Wood 4, I have suddenly become Dave Wood 13, conspiracy theory, or what!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
08/09/2008 at 18:12

Hi

The email from FLM did you email aksing them Wilkie or was it a standard email from them?  Just I haven't got email neither has my Dad, just wondering if everyone got one thats all.

Thanks, Sarah.

08/09/2008 at 19:47
I have not received any email and as its my first year applying am not holding out much hope. However I intend to apply until the 5th year when I believe you are allocated a place! So I will run the FLM or V(I think virgin are new sponsors!) LM in the next 5 years!!
08/09/2008 at 20:02

Apparently you only get the email if you have subscribed to email updates from FLM.  Just go to their website, and subscribe to the newsletters.

09/09/2008 at 10:18
Hi SazzaG, where is this link as i am unable to locate it on the FLM Homepage?
09/09/2008 at 11:37

Disregard my earlier post .  I  need to visit an optician , i have now located the link

09/09/2008 at 18:14
Found it on my original email from them saying they had recieved my entery, about it being first week in Oct.  Thanks though SazzaG
1 to 20 of 203 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.