One for the ladies

Blokes don't know how lucky they are!!

21 to 25 of 25 messages
12/01/2006 at 17:57
This is so funny - I started this thread nearly 2 years ago, and its come to life!
Good idea IP about spares at mile 18
12/01/2006 at 21:02
Hi, my "friend" (very strange term I agree) arrived today, and it is amazing how much easier I find runs as soon as my period starts. Must be the change in hormones, but it is such a marked difference it amazes me.

Hopefully, will be ok for FLM but may add tampax to list on cheering thread !.

take care
TFF
12/01/2006 at 21:33
If I remember rightly, Paula Radcliffe was both "on the rag" when she managed her best marathon time in Chicago -- 2:17 or so. If it's any consolation....
13/02/2006 at 12:52
So pleased that I thought to check this site for advice. Training for the FLM (first time), currently on the pill but have just missed a period for the first time ever - naturally thought I could be preggers but relieved since reading all your comments. Roll on 23rd April!!!
14/02/2006 at 12:52
Great that I am not the only one! But rather than less frequent mine are just more unpredicatable - a full week early this month! I run like a bag of nails for a few days before and it always gets me down - probably a bit of pmt thrown in for good measure! I have run 2 marathons - both just a few days before I was due. Agree that flow isnt as bad as usual, its just that the legs dont want to move! I think we just have to accept that we are different, esp during training when an extra day off may be what your body needs (or a bar of chcolate).

On a positive note a gentle run definitely helps the mood as well as cramps.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 25 of 25 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.