Pacing / Target Advice For Rotterdam

1 message
08/04/2012 at 18:26

Hi All,

I'm having a crisis of confidence and was hoping to pick some brains!

I've done multiple marathons (1st in 2005) and the last was Oct 2010 in a PB of 2:58.  I then took a year off excercise totally - not planned, it just happened - and started back again properly in Dec.  I've been averaging 50 - 60 mpw since then but haven't managed to get in any warm up races and I'm a bit unsure of a target time and pacing strategy.  I also missed a week or so because of hols and a couple of long runs with domestic emergencies.

My original target was to get home in the 2:50 - 2:55 range.  I did 15@PMP last week and came home in 1:41:46 so I know I am in ok shape and should be well on for the sub 3.  2:50 though looks beyond me so I'm probably going to gun for 2:55 - does that sound fair?  How should I pace it - set out at 6:41/mile and hope for the best or do 6:51/mile to half way and hope to push on?

I know it's just taper madness but all help and advice appreciated!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1 message
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.