Paris marathon 2013 here we go! A.W's Sub 3 attempt!

Asics Target 26.2 PB Hunter A.W

1,001 to 1,007 of 1,007 messages
A.W
27/04/2013 at 12:10

Hi Sean,

Fantastic run at Paris, well done! 

You can see my schedule here! The paces are about right, but for the most part of the schedule I was hitting a little bit quicker paces than on the schedule.

I run for London Heathside, they are a really friendly bunch and I have enjoyed running with them over the last year. The runs go from Finsbury Park, Crouch End, Highgate, Hampstead Heath and I think there is one more a bit further away from me at a park, cant remember where it is. Lots of different sessions going on over the different days.

If you want any more info give me a shout.

A.W
03/05/2013 at 23:29

Hi AW, well done again in Paris. Good to see you have the rest of the year planned out!

I got a 6 minute PB in Manchester last week of 3.04.37 which I was well pleased with. I think a sub 3 was pushing it a bit for me this time, but hoping it will come next Spring. I managed a negative split too of 1.33.xx & 1.31.xx which I believe helped. I felt a lot stronger in the second half and was overtaking people from 18 miles to the finish, not necessairly as I was getting quicker rather than others were slowing down.

06/05/2013 at 21:22

A belated congratulations KR. Great time. You seem to be improving at a steady rate and consistently c5 minutes quicker than me. A neg split as well, great work fella.

A.W
07/05/2013 at 19:41

Great stuff KR! Congratulations, a really well run marathon with a nice negative split!

A.W
09/05/2013 at 12:51

Hi all,

AW - what are your plans now? Sub 2:50? Possibly even a Championship qualifying time???

KR - I think I completely forgot to add my congrats on the Sub 3:15 thread. Work has been manic and I've hardly been posting. However, that was a great run with a big negative split. I assume you are gaining confidence in a Sub 3 attempt?

09/05/2013 at 13:25

Thanks DS2, gained a bit more confience and edged a bit closer to the 3 hour mark.

30/05/2013 at 10:24

Hi - Really delighted with how it went at Edinburgh.  2:58:57 - did it!  New PB by 16mins!  Felt really comfortable throughout and didn't go off too fast and kept exactly to target pace to do 1:28 for first half.  Slowed a little bit from mile 23 because I was getting tired and knew I was on track.

Huge thanks to Steve, AW and others on here for the advice and training plan etc.  Pretty much used  the same plan and no doubt the volume and consistency of run training made the difference.   Thanks again.  

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
1,001 to 1,007 of 1,007 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.