Paula's London Runs

How quickly will she run Flora Light?

6 messages
03/09/2003 at 17:33
I'm going to be plodding round Hyde Park with the other laydeez in a week or so's time for the Flora Light Challenge and I have a feeling that Paula Radcliffe will have finished before I even start - in spite of her illness.

Paula's London Runs

What's the bets on how fast she will complete it in?

My Guide to entering the London Marathon.
03/09/2003 at 21:36
A quote from your second link...

The London Marathon is seen as "everyone's race". World champions, Olympic champions, record breakers, national champions, celebrities, wheelchair entrants, fun runners, people running in fancy dresss, young and old all take part in the streets of London at the same time.

Again it manages to miss out the thousands of club runners who train hard throughout the winter hoping to shave a few minutes or seconds off a pb. We seem to drop from national champions to celebrities and fun runners with nothing in between.

It is still meant to be the no.1 UK athletics event, not a mass fun run.
03/09/2003 at 21:39
Howdy, BR! How could they forget you, huh?

How long till race day now?
03/09/2003 at 21:53
11 days. Will post on 2:45 thread.
03/09/2003 at 22:23
Sonia O'Sullivan won last year in 14.56 which was the second fastest time ever then. World record is 14.54 - Deena Drossan. I'm thinking around 14.30????
The Evil Pixie    pirate
03/09/2003 at 22:59
Last year I started as Sonia got to 4k!
she was showered and home by the time I finished!

I think Paula will go for the record! What some 5 seconds off isn't it??

see you there! Forumites are looking to meet at the letter U post!

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
6 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.