Prague 2012

marathon

21 to 35 of 35 messages
16/02/2012 at 19:12
Hi Slowfoot

How's things? Is your injury still holding you back and did you go for that sports massage?

I've had a bit of a rough week with the cold so have missed a few runs! Hoping to get back on track this weekend though.

Janie
19/02/2012 at 09:38

Janie

Sorry for the late reply had a bit of a holiday.

Foot still isn't great haven't managed more than a few hundred yards running and will need to get back in the gym this week to shed the holiday pounds

Physio releived the pain for a while but its still there and mornings its at its worse

Still planning on running but any time aspirations are well and truly out the window 

01/03/2012 at 23:11
Hi Slowfoot

Can't believe that's feb gone already. Hope there is some improvement in your training it must be tough on you.

I've completed my first 18 miler on Tuesday and all is going well so far....keeping my fingers crossed.

Have you managed to shed your holiday pounds. I've managed to lose a few pounds too since Xmas......you definitely feel the difference when running don't you.

Anyway hope all is well.

Janie
04/03/2012 at 12:18

Janie

Still restricted to gym I'm afraid haven't managed a run since Jan I have a doctors appointment this week to see if i can get some intensive physio sessions.

I'm running prague with a mate from work so have promised him i will start and finish just haven't said how long it will take me !

16/03/2012 at 23:11
Hi, I ran this last year. I really don't remember any cobbles, if that helps! If there were any, they obviously weren't too bad.
It is a fast flat course. It was quite warm last year, sun was out, it was beautiful if warm for running a marathon.
The only negative remark I have is the chaos at the start pens - most people around me totally ignored which pen they were supposed to be in and just climbed the barriers - it was a bit of a crush, which was annoying to say the least. However it thinned out once we had got underway.
Hope you all have a great time. I am doing Vienna this year.
19/03/2012 at 10:01

Hi Amanda,

Thanks for the positive response!  Im really looking forward to seeing Prague as well as the actual marathon itself.

Vienna that sounds good.  When is it? Are you making a holiday of it and hows your training going??

Fast and flat also a relief as most of just about all of my training is done on the flat.

Janie

19/03/2012 at 10:02

Slowfoot,

Are you any further forward?????

Janie

19/03/2012 at 22:53
Hi Janie,
you will love Prague! It's so beautiful at that time of year.
vienna is on April15 - 3 weeks on Sunday. My training has been going well, although I don't feel any faster than I have been before, despite training harder. Hopefully it'll all come right on the day, after having tapered. That's the plan! We are spending 4 nights there, plus a night in Munich afterwards. Can't wait!
Good luck with the training.
20/03/2012 at 10:45
That sounds great Amanda hope all goes well!!!
20/03/2012 at 20:46

Janie

Hoping (fingers crossed) to get out running this weekend  but I'm giving serious consideration to missing the run and just enjoying Prague

24/04/2012 at 17:15

Hi, I'm running this one and it'll be my first marathon. I have run a couple of halfs before with Bath the most recent (2:09:52). I was targeting 4:30 until last weekend, but I struggled with the 20th mile of my 20-miler and am now thinking I'll be happy with anything under 5.

Good luck to the rest of you as well!

24/04/2012 at 18:35

Vinod

I will be there or there abouts still have a problem with my foot but planning on run/walk approach Its a long way to go and DNS

24/04/2012 at 22:26

I'm only a very occasional poster so Slowfoot please forgive very late response. Haven't done Prague before and don't know too much about it except what I can glean from course map. Looks like a very flat course as it follows the river.  I'm hoping the lovely setting is a distraction from the hard slog of doing 26 miles.  At least with a metric course the K markers come along sooner and you feel you are getting somewhere. 

I have been trying to stick to a 3'30 training schedule with limited success. The plan says do several 20 milers but I have so far only managed one 18 and one 20.  In a panic have entered the South Cheshire 20 this Sun to squeeze in another long one with a fortnight to go. That will have to be it. Mind you I also did Offa's Orror nr Chepstow last Sun and although billed as less than 13M it was a killer! 

02/05/2012 at 11:04

Good to hear that Slowfoot! Good luck with that!

Also, does anyone know what the "refreshments" will be provided? It says at stations at 5K intervals, I think, but doesn't specify what exactly.

08/05/2012 at 13:49

Hi there! Feel free to check out the course map and elevation data of Prague Marathon 2012 that I've created. Under the "Strategy" tab you can setup detailed race strategy and "simulate" the race: http://yourace.info/en/event/17

Edited: 08/05/2012 at 13:50

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 35 of 35 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.