Rejected Five Times

21 to 29 of 29 messages
06/09/2002 at 12:08
You can be accepted first time! - I was accepted on my first attempt last year for FLM 2002 but unfortunately had to defer my entry to 2003 due to having to have an Hernia operation - I did wonder whether bequeathing your entry fee to charity or not makes a difference, I choose to have my money back, not because I'm mean(!), but I considered that it would be logical for them to accept those that wanted their money back and reject those that didn't!
Iron SwissBobby    pirate
06/09/2002 at 14:54
Would cool to see you over here next year BK.
06/09/2002 at 18:44
I'd heard about the Edinburgh marathon and guess where I'm from!!!!. I've joined a local running group and found lots of new runs. Now managed 30 minutes and starting a bit of speed work. Your group are a great spur.

06/09/2002 at 21:49
i suppose I ought to advertise next years cardiff marathon. For more details,see appropriate threads
13/09/2002 at 12:22
I have been rejected through the ballot for the last 5 years but in 99 and 2000 I accepted golden bond places from charities. Am I guaranteed a place in 2003 under the new 5 rejections rule. Anybody know?
13/09/2002 at 15:37
If you read the entry form literally 'if you have been rejected 5 times..through the ballot' this only applies to your bad luck in the ballot. If you have been generous enough to run for charity a couple of times that is a totally separate affair. Get your entry in ASAP and good luck in the training and on the big day. You deserve it after all those years of negative replies.
13/09/2002 at 17:43
Does anyone know the website that lists all the Charity Bond places and what they are charging?
16/09/2002 at 12:18
I too was rejected five years in a row 1995 to 2000. I enquired with FLM as to why and they proved that the ballot system was just bad luck for me! Everyone with five rejections is put into the same 'hat' and some pulled out for acceptance.
But I got in on the 6th year.
Keep trying .... or break 3-15!
16/09/2002 at 12:39
Peter

You won't specifically find a list that has all the charity bond places and what they are charging.

A number of charities are advertising on the FLM site on this page but do not say how much. Also a lot of charities advertise in Marathon News magazine - but again very few say how much they require as minimum. Your best is to find the ones that interest you and make an application.

We have about 200 charities who work with us to offer free fundraising web pages to gain sponsorship online - so once you have a place be sure to visit our site and set up your fundraising page.

Free fundraising web pages for the London Marathon

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
21 to 29 of 29 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.