Rome Marathon 2014

21 to 40 of 93 messages
03/06/2013 at 09:59

As far as I can work out once your doctor has signed your health form you can scan it in and email it to them or fax it to them then your registration will be complete.

It says you can also take it with you and go to a special stand at the expo to complete your registration but this will have big queues and personally I would like to know that everything is in order before I fly out there.

03/06/2013 at 10:03

Your registration has an area to upload the scanned health form. 

03/06/2013 at 10:06

BTW, Womens Running magazine has a review of the Rome marathon this month - but, in contrast to all the other reviews I have read which enthuse about the sights and atmosphere on the course, it seems to suggest that the cobblestones are a major issue?!?!

03/06/2013 at 10:50

Thanks for letting me know where to upload the form.

I just ran Copenhagen marathon for the second time and some of it is on cobblestones. The first time it hurt because I had a big blister under my foot. The second time they weren't a problem at all even though they were wet from rain.

I'll be to busy taking in the sites to worry about them 

03/06/2013 at 13:21

Husband and I are also hoping to run, if we can figure out the website!  I've managed to pay, but not complete the other parts.  Do you have to have both a medical certificate AND England Athletics card?  The website seems to want both.

03/06/2013 at 13:40

No just the health certificate or the card. See mine and Dopey Enoughs previous posts about the health certificate. It is a little complicated and I was considering running Barcelona instead because of this, but I'm glad I've signed up for Rome now. The course looks fantastic and I'm past due to visit Rome again 

03/06/2013 at 13:41
Dopey Enough? wrote (see)

BTW, Womens Running magazine has a review of the Rome marathon this month - but, in contrast to all the other reviews I have read which enthuse about the sights and atmosphere on the course, it seems to suggest that the cobblestones are a major issue?!?!

That's exactly the sort of review I'd expect from Women's Running, which seems to assume we all think of 10k as an endurance event and are obsessed with pink.

03/06/2013 at 13:57

Hi Lyndyk, thanks for that, but my problem is not locating the health certificate, it's that the website is insisting on having both a membership card and the health certificate, even though I have selected the option for membership of a foreign athletics body.  It is showing the registration as 33% complete at this stage. 

03/06/2013 at 18:04

Good news re the cobblestones!

I assumed that all I had to do is scan and upload the health certificate - but I chose the health certificate option when entering registration details - I don't know if that makes a difference to the membership of a foreign athletics body? 

03/06/2013 at 19:13

Like i previously said, online registrations are currently defected.

I would strongly advise anyone to wait until this is fixed, or use fax procedure as described previously. If you already payed like I did, best thing is to complain using contact form (just make sure you don't use newline characters and ' sign) and wait.

If you try to download health form from online registration site it comes out empty. You COULD download one that is ment to be used for fax registration but I believe these two may NOT be the SAME. I have a feeling that the one you download from online registration area is generated on the fly with all your user data already filled. Too bad it doesn't work like it should

You could try downloading the one for fax registration but you risk going to the doctor twice if they are not the same and even if they ARE the same you are stick with defected site which

- does not recognize you just uploaded the damn health form and keeps asking for it no matter what you do

- always keeps asking for membership card even if I selected "Health Form" in previous steps

- english site is partially translated 

Guess they're just a bit relaxed 

Edited: 03/06/2013 at 19:18
03/06/2013 at 19:28

Very similar to Venice marathon - spent so long registering and sorting out accommodation with the organisers - and, to top it all, just finished marathon in gale force head winds and rain so cold it was hailing over the bridge to Venice, shattered and feeling hypothermia set in - and no-one could find a boat back to the mainland!!! There was a whole bus load of unhappy marathoners when they finally got back!

But, I would definitely run it again (in better weather!) - and I'm sure Rome will be just as special.

03/06/2013 at 21:36

Hmm, maybe I will enlist the help of an Italian colleague to phone them.

03/06/2013 at 22:03

I had similar problems I selected membership card and it kept asking me for health form. Phoned them up they were very helpfull and advised the document I uploaded (letter from uka as still not got membership card) was ok even though it was uploaded as a health form. Also had a problem with entering my half marathon time, I entered it as 1 hour 28 min but when I came to register for the race it showed as 1 hour 0 min. I explained I was not Mo Farah and my time was 1 hour 28 min. She confirmed they had the correct time and could not explain why it was showing up incorrectly on the actual application. Any way long and short of it the web site is not great if does give you the impression that once you've paid you are only one third of the way there and that you need to submit both a health form and membership card. However they assured me they only need one of the other, and within a few minutes of speaking to them my application had been approved. I guess once you have loaded the document it needs to be verified by them before they can confirm your acceptance. If you've paid and uploaded either health form or membership card then give them a call to make sure all is ok, there english is very good.

Hope this helps

05/06/2013 at 07:57

hi there, i also signed to do rome marathon ans its my first one. Done a few half marathons and I am looking forward to do this one!My only thing is that i would prefer to have company in running it rather than doing it alone!

15/06/2013 at 11:25

Thnx Dean,

I was finally able to confirm my registration.

Downloaded my health form from fax registration part of the site, had it signed by my physician, uploaded it to my online registration profile + sent it by e-mail.

I was confirmed within 24h, still waiting for my BIB number.

Looking forward to Rome...

20/06/2013 at 06:58

I did Rome last year and am considering it again for 2014, the cobbles are not a problem at all, I managed a PB, and as for the medical forms, Doctors were charging quite a bit of money last year, so I joined a local running club which included membership into Athletics England. They very kindly gave me  aletter to send which is accepted in place of the medical cert, it costs less, and will get you many discounted entries into other events.

The race was really good with excellent support although it was 1/2 mile too long last year due to detours for the Papal elections which were taking place.

Despite this still managed my PB so all in all great course in a magnificent city and worth it for the photos at the end, the official finish line photo is the best I've ever seen

16/07/2013 at 20:09

Hi! I've signed up for this marathon too!  It will be my first one. I had a few issues with signing up on line. I payed by bank transfer in the end and scanned the forms, then sent them by email. Registration was confirmed complete around 2 weeks ago. Really looking forward to it. Any seasoned marathoners out there got any tips on Rome? Anything about the runners village (registration and kit collection) or the course itself would be handy!

Cheers,

Scalesy.

23/07/2013 at 13:24

Registered or done or at least I made an attempt to register last week and like most faced problems, especially uploading the doc certificate. I called them following day to explain the problem but I was informed that I must wait as it takes time to process the applications.

No response yet and it’s over a week, anyone else facing/faced similar problem?

15/08/2013 at 13:22

Hi Guys

This thread seems to have gone quite, i suppose its too early to make any plan, even training .

I have not received any response yet, i fired them another email asking for an update so i hope to get some sort of acknowledgment soon.

15/08/2013 at 19:18

From the web page:

"Dear runnes, our office will be closed for holiday from August 1st to 30th and normal business will resume on September 2nd. In the meantime, you will be able to register online to 20th Maratona di Roma on MYMDR anyway. We won’t be able to confirm your registration until the first week of September, though. Enjoy your Summer!"

BTW, did I understand some earlier posts correct, that you need to decide when you sign up if you gonna send in a medical certificate or a club card? My plan is to try to get hold of a medical certificate through some contacts as it´s very expensive to get it the formal way. If I´m not successful with that, my plan B is to join a local running club instead.

Edited: 15/08/2013 at 19:20
21 to 40 of 93 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.