Rome Marathon 2014

For all things good about the Rome Marathon

41 to 41 of 41 messages
31/03/2014 at 14:08

Just posted in the other Rome mara thread.

Unfortunately did not reach my goal but that was expected from the start due to injury i was carrying. Made a good start and i was fine until 25K when the wheels started to come off and the good old calf started to have a serious conversion with me. tried by best to to ignore it but would not have it the other way so caved in around 28K. It was a struggle from their onwards and got to the end just under 4:20, extremely annoyed and p*ssed off.

The dreaded cobblestone did the damage, i knew about the calf problem but my arch decided that enough was enough around 38K, at one point i wanted to take my shoes off and run bear feet but the common sense prevailed. Unsure where but at some point I almost slipped on the those large metal thingies appeared on the roads from nowhere, don’t think they were drain covers, bloody dangerous if you ask me.

Yeah saw the commotion at the water stations but I always went for the last one, experience suggest that never go for the first station but must admit the stations were plenty and no shortage to fluids.

All is all fantastically organised event, gorgeous goody bag, did not like the medal.

Expo:

I went to Expo on Sat-day, massive queue, it was like going for a concert, anyway once you got in it was smooth and quite entertaining too, lots of freebies

Conclusion

Defiantly worth doing.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
41 to 41 of 41 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.