rules on bone conduction headphones

Do these contravene Scottish athletics rules

161 to 165 of 165 messages
10/01/2014 at 19:52

...as he come across a tribe in Ibiza who can only run to shit music on MP3 players wearing flip flops and fuelled by ecstasy.

10/01/2014 at 19:57
It could be like the film Speed, where if the batteries run out they are all unable to run and the whole world explodes.
10/01/2014 at 22:10
RicF wrote (see)
http://s4.runnersworld.co.uk/members/images/493151/gallery/ipod.png?width=350

I can't see the problem myself.

...... That 26m plus extension lead is going to cause some fun on the course  

sorry I'm being silly, only a 13.x mile cable plugged in at the middle of the course 

10/01/2014 at 22:43

I have just spent twenty minutes reading this thread in the vague hope of finding out how this magic works. I have been kicking about on here long enough to have realised by the second post this wasn't going to happen!!

Off to Google I go!!

11/01/2014 at 10:59
runninggeek81 wrote (see)

Nose, that sounds awful. I'm glad you got out of there in one piece. It must have been touch and go there for a while.

I doubt a few seconds here or there waiting for people to get out of the way would make any difference. Plenty of people are lost in their thoughts when they run so would be unaware of anything behind them anyway. It's not solely something that affects those with earphones. I also doubt whether any ambulance would be able to go much faster than a crawl anyway when moving through a crowd.

The real reason people don't like others listening to music is because they like running without it. They'll tell you that running is more 'pure' without music and it lets them listen to their bodies and get into a rhythm. Or even more ridiculously, that it's cheating to listen to music.

Geek... to take us back to early in the thread... you're being too transparent again. You're not the worst troll I've seen, but to be a true master, you need to be more subtle.

We'd love you to add a comment! Please login or take half a minute to register as a free member
161 to 165 of 165 messages
Previously bookmarked threads are now visible in "Followed Threads". You can also manage notifications on these threads from the "Forum Settings" section of your profile settings page to prevent being sent an email when a reply is made.